UFO sighting over Hatfield
DARK, unexplained shapes have been spotted 1,000ft above the streets of Hatfield. Up to six unidentified objects were clocked descending towards the town at around 5pm on
DARK, unexplained shapes have been spotted 1,000ft above the streets of Hatfield.
Up to six unidentified objects were clocked descending towards the town at around 5pm on Saturday.
The strange sighting was reported to an online UFO forum by a witness known only as MR.
Recalling the incident, he wrote: "The dark objects reached approximately 1000ft, then maintained altitude and position while grouping together.
You may also want to watch:
"The collective size got smaller, in to one object, dark in colour, irregular shape...no lights, no sounds, no hard edges.
"The object then gained altitude slowly and steadily in the same way a helicopter or balloon would, but only vertically, no change in location."
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
He claimed a friend Dimitri also saw the bizarre phenomenon and lamented the fact he could not get a photo.
"I couldn't take a picture as I don't have a camera," he said.
"My basic camera-phone would have only shown an unrecognisable dot in the sky!