Two-year Hatfield Tunnel work starts today
TWO years of delays begin this morning (Monday) as work starts on the A1(M) Hatfield Tunnel. Average speed cameras also come into force today, slowing traffic to 40mph between junction three at
TWO years of delays begin this morning (Monday) as work starts on the A1(M) Hatfield Tunnel.
Average speed cameras also come into force today, slowing traffic to 40mph between junction three at the University of Hertfordshire exit and junction four at Oldings in both directions.
Preparation work will take place from today until Friday.
The hard shoulder will be closed between junctions three and four throughout today.
You may also want to watch:
From 10pm tonight until 5.30am only one northbound lane will remain open, with two lanes closed.
The southbound carriageway will be unaffected.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 5 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 6 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 7 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 8 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 9 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
* Tomorrow's closures will be available at www.whtimes24.co.uk from 3pm today (Monday).