Two-year Hatfield Tunnel work starts today
TWO years of delays begin this morning (Monday) as work starts on the A1(M) Hatfield Tunnel. Average speed cameras also come into force today, slowing traffic to 40mph between junction three at
TWO years of delays begin this morning (Monday) as work starts on the A1(M) Hatfield Tunnel.
Average speed cameras also come into force today, slowing traffic to 40mph between junction three at the University of Hertfordshire exit and junction four at Oldings in both directions.
Preparation work will take place from today until Friday.
The hard shoulder will be closed between junctions three and four throughout today.
You may also want to watch:
From 10pm tonight until 5.30am only one northbound lane will remain open, with two lanes closed.
The southbound carriageway will be unaffected.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
* Tomorrow's closures will be available at www.whtimes24.co.uk from 3pm today (Monday).