Two-year Hatfield Tunnel work starts today
TWO years of delays begin this morning (Monday) as work starts on the A1(M) Hatfield Tunnel. Average speed cameras also come into force today, slowing traffic to 40mph between junction three at
TWO years of delays begin this morning (Monday) as work starts on the A1(M) Hatfield Tunnel.
Average speed cameras also come into force today, slowing traffic to 40mph between junction three at the University of Hertfordshire exit and junction four at Oldings in both directions.
Preparation work will take place from today until Friday.
The hard shoulder will be closed between junctions three and four throughout today.
You may also want to watch:
From 10pm tonight until 5.30am only one northbound lane will remain open, with two lanes closed.
The southbound carriageway will be unaffected.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 3 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 8 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 9 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 10 What time will the election results come in?
* Tomorrow's closures will be available at www.whtimes24.co.uk from 3pm today (Monday).