Two taken to hospital after A1(M) crash between Welwyn and Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been taken to hospital following a five-car crash on the A1(M) between Welwyn and Stevenage this afternoon.
An ambulance spokesman said: “We sent two ambulance crews to assist and treated what appeared to be two patients.
“One was treated for chest pains and both have been taken to Lister Hospital for further care.”
Police were called at 1.17pm to the northbound carriageway between Junction 6 (Welwyn) and Junction 7 (Stevenage) following the multi-vehicle smash.
The cars involved were a black Nissan Qashqai, a silver Mitsubishi Outlander, a black BMW 118D Sport, a white Audi A3 and a silver VW Golf.
You may also want to watch:
A Highways England spokesman confirmed all lanes have now reopened and delays have eased.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 3 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 4 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 7 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 8 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 9 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 10 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part