Two sent off as Potters Bar Town claim first win in nine league games
A HUGE sigh of relief could be heard around Parkfield yesterday (Saturday) after Potters Bar Town s 1-0 victory over Herts rivals Ware. It was the Scholars first win in nine league games and they had to do things the hard way. With the match goalless and
A HUGE sigh of relief could be heard around Parkfield yesterday (Saturday) after Potters Bar Town's 1-0 victory over Herts rivals Ware.
It was the Scholars' first win in nine league games and they had to do things the hard way.
With the match goalless and heading towards half-time, Town keeper Ed Thompson was sent off for slapping Blues forward Joe Stevens.
He reacted after being caught late by Kaan Fehmi. The pair exchanged shoves before Stevens also got involved in the melee.
You may also want to watch:
Without a keeper on the bench, full-back Fred Dooling was brought on and put between the sticks.
After the break it was the 10 men from Potters Bar that took the lead on 66 minutes.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
Striker Sam Adejokun capitalised on a defensive lapse.
He muscled his way past Matthew Turpin-Barrett and poked the ball beyond former Bar stopper Harry Ricketts.
With 15 minutes to go Turpin-Barrett was also dismissed for the visitors after kicking out at Adejokun.
The hosts saw out the game and tasted victory for the first time in two months.