Two sent off as Potters Bar Town claim first win in nine league games
A HUGE sigh of relief could be heard around Parkfield yesterday (Saturday) after Potters Bar Town s 1-0 victory over Herts rivals Ware. It was the Scholars first win in nine league games and they had to do things the hard way. With the match goalless and
A HUGE sigh of relief could be heard around Parkfield yesterday (Saturday) after Potters Bar Town's 1-0 victory over Herts rivals Ware.
It was the Scholars' first win in nine league games and they had to do things the hard way.
With the match goalless and heading towards half-time, Town keeper Ed Thompson was sent off for slapping Blues forward Joe Stevens.
He reacted after being caught late by Kaan Fehmi. The pair exchanged shoves before Stevens also got involved in the melee.
You may also want to watch:
Without a keeper on the bench, full-back Fred Dooling was brought on and put between the sticks.
After the break it was the 10 men from Potters Bar that took the lead on 66 minutes.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
Striker Sam Adejokun capitalised on a defensive lapse.
He muscled his way past Matthew Turpin-Barrett and poked the ball beyond former Bar stopper Harry Ricketts.
With 15 minutes to go Turpin-Barrett was also dismissed for the visitors after kicking out at Adejokun.
The hosts saw out the game and tasted victory for the first time in two months.