Two people trapped in car during A1(M) crash
A CHILD and woman had to be cut free from a car on the A1(M) on Saturday (February 13).
Another child managed to free himself after the crash between junctions six, Welwyn, and seven, Stevenage, at 9.10am.
The northbound carriageway was closed for one hour while an air ambulance landed and firefighters worked to free the woman and young boy from the blue Chrysler Neon car, which had ended up in bushes.
Gary Sanderson, ambulance service spokesman, said: “The woman and one of the boys were still in the vehicle on our arrival.
“All three were conveyed to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said the trapped woman and child received “serious injuries”.
No other vehicle was involved.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 9 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 10 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart