Two people trapped in car during A1(M) crash
A CHILD and woman had to be cut free from a car on the A1(M) on Saturday (February 13).
Another child managed to free himself after the crash between junctions six, Welwyn, and seven, Stevenage, at 9.10am.
The northbound carriageway was closed for one hour while an air ambulance landed and firefighters worked to free the woman and young boy from the blue Chrysler Neon car, which had ended up in bushes.
Gary Sanderson, ambulance service spokesman, said: “The woman and one of the boys were still in the vehicle on our arrival.
“All three were conveyed to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said the trapped woman and child received “serious injuries”.
No other vehicle was involved.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog