Two people trapped in car during A1(M) crash
A CHILD and woman had to be cut free from a car on the A1(M) on Saturday (February 13).
Another child managed to free himself after the crash between junctions six, Welwyn, and seven, Stevenage, at 9.10am.
The northbound carriageway was closed for one hour while an air ambulance landed and firefighters worked to free the woman and young boy from the blue Chrysler Neon car, which had ended up in bushes.
Gary Sanderson, ambulance service spokesman, said: “The woman and one of the boys were still in the vehicle on our arrival.
“All three were conveyed to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said the trapped woman and child received “serious injuries”.
No other vehicle was involved.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 10 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day