Two people hospitalised after house fire

TWO people were hospitalised following a house fire at the weekend.

Firefighters and paramedics were called to Datchworth on Saturday, following reports of a fire at a property in Brookbridge Lane at around 3.40pm.

The fire was believed to have started in a garage, and spread to the house itself.

A man and a woman, both believed to be in their 70s, were taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC suffering from smoke inhalation.

Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “On our arrival, both occupants of the house were safely out of the building and being cared for by neighbours in the street.


You may also want to watch:


“Paramedics assessed both casualties and they were found to be suffering the effects of smoke inhalation. “Following treatment, they were conveyed to the QE2 Hospital in WGC.”

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter