Two people hospitalised after house fire
TWO people were hospitalised following a house fire at the weekend.
Firefighters and paramedics were called to Datchworth on Saturday, following reports of a fire at a property in Brookbridge Lane at around 3.40pm.
The fire was believed to have started in a garage, and spread to the house itself.
A man and a woman, both believed to be in their 70s, were taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC suffering from smoke inhalation.
Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “On our arrival, both occupants of the house were safely out of the building and being cared for by neighbours in the street.
You may also want to watch:
“Paramedics assessed both casualties and they were found to be suffering the effects of smoke inhalation. “Following treatment, they were conveyed to the QE2 Hospital in WGC.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM