Two people hospitalised after house fire
TWO people were hospitalised following a house fire at the weekend.
Firefighters and paramedics were called to Datchworth on Saturday, following reports of a fire at a property in Brookbridge Lane at around 3.40pm.
The fire was believed to have started in a garage, and spread to the house itself.
A man and a woman, both believed to be in their 70s, were taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC suffering from smoke inhalation.
Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “On our arrival, both occupants of the house were safely out of the building and being cared for by neighbours in the street.
You may also want to watch:
“Paramedics assessed both casualties and they were found to be suffering the effects of smoke inhalation. “Following treatment, they were conveyed to the QE2 Hospital in WGC.”
- 1 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 2 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 3 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 4 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 8 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 9 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 10 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?