Two people given first aid in Welwyn Garden City after microwave fire

PUBLISHED: 09:35 12 November 2015 | UPDATED: 09:35 12 November 2015

Firefighters were called to a flat in Stevenage this afternoon to tackle a blaze caused by burnt cooking.

Firefighters were called to a flat in Stevenage this afternoon to tackle a blaze caused by burnt cooking.

Archant

Two people needed first aid in Welwyn Garden City last night after a microwave started a kitchen fire.

Crews from Welwyn Garden City, Welwyn and Hertford attended the scene, roughly about 9pm.

They used hose reels and ventilated the ground floor.

Two people were given first aid on the scene.

Further updates to come.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Most Read

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Most Read

Latest from the Welwyn Hatfield Times