Two new firefighters for Welwyn Garden City
TWO new firefighters have joined the team at WGC fire station.
After completing an intensive 19-week training course, Carley-Jo Rackley and David Smith have taken up posts at the fire station in Bridge Road East.
Twelve other trainees also qualified and have now taken up posts at fire stations across the county.
Hertfordshire’s chief fire officer Roy Wilsher said: “We are pleased to welcome these new recruits into the fire service.
“They have proved their competence by completing all areas of the course and we hope that they will continue to play a key role in their stations across Hertfordshire and help to keep the people of Hertfordshire safe.”
You may also want to watch:
Before joining the fire service Carley-Jo, from Markyate, worked as a landscape gardener.
The 34-year-old’s interests include snowboarding, horse riding and yoga.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
Meanwhile David, 28, previously worked as a leisure centre manager.
A resident of Watford, his interests include football, keeping fit and socialising.