Two new firefighters for Welwyn Garden City
TWO new firefighters have joined the team at WGC fire station.
After completing an intensive 19-week training course, Carley-Jo Rackley and David Smith have taken up posts at the fire station in Bridge Road East.
Twelve other trainees also qualified and have now taken up posts at fire stations across the county.
Hertfordshire’s chief fire officer Roy Wilsher said: “We are pleased to welcome these new recruits into the fire service.
“They have proved their competence by completing all areas of the course and we hope that they will continue to play a key role in their stations across Hertfordshire and help to keep the people of Hertfordshire safe.”
You may also want to watch:
Before joining the fire service Carley-Jo, from Markyate, worked as a landscape gardener.
The 34-year-old’s interests include snowboarding, horse riding and yoga.
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 10 Lessons from Auschwitz: Why we must keep talking about the Holocaust
Meanwhile David, 28, previously worked as a leisure centre manager.
A resident of Watford, his interests include football, keeping fit and socialising.