Two new firefighters for Welwyn Garden City
TWO new firefighters have joined the team at WGC fire station.
After completing an intensive 19-week training course, Carley-Jo Rackley and David Smith have taken up posts at the fire station in Bridge Road East.
Twelve other trainees also qualified and have now taken up posts at fire stations across the county.
Hertfordshire’s chief fire officer Roy Wilsher said: “We are pleased to welcome these new recruits into the fire service.
“They have proved their competence by completing all areas of the course and we hope that they will continue to play a key role in their stations across Hertfordshire and help to keep the people of Hertfordshire safe.”
You may also want to watch:
Before joining the fire service Carley-Jo, from Markyate, worked as a landscape gardener.
The 34-year-old’s interests include snowboarding, horse riding and yoga.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
Meanwhile David, 28, previously worked as a leisure centre manager.
A resident of Watford, his interests include football, keeping fit and socialising.