Two men fighting for life after Hatfield road crash
TWO people were left fighting for their lives following a serious car crash in Hatfield at the weekend. The accident happened shortly before 4pm on Saturday, October 24, when a Citroen collided with a Honda CRV at the junction of Green Lanes and Coopers G
TWO people were left fighting for their lives following a serious car crash in Hatfield at the weekend.
The accident happened shortly before 4pm on Saturday, October 24, when a Citroen collided with a Honda CRV at the junction of Green Lanes and Coopers Green Lane.
The driver and the front passenger of the Citroen, both men in their 20s, sustained life-threatening injuries and needed to be freed from the wreckage.
The driver was taken to the Royal Free Hospital in London while the passenger was taken by air ambulance to the Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
A second passenger in the Citroen, another man in his 20s, was taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC with minor injuries. The driver of the Honda was also taken there with minor injuries.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: "This collision was very serious indeed. Paramedics, firefighters and doctors worked tremendously hard for some time to treat the two trapped patients."
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 9 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 10 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
"The two men who we believe to be in their 20s received potentially life threatening injuries.
"A further two casualties, both men, were treated for non life-threatening injuries by paramedics before being taken to the QE2 hospital in WGC.