Two men fighting for life after Hatfield road crash
TWO people were left fighting for their lives following a serious car crash in Hatfield at the weekend. The accident happened shortly before 4pm on Saturday, October 24, when a Citroen collided with a Honda CRV at the junction of Green Lanes and Coopers G
TWO people were left fighting for their lives following a serious car crash in Hatfield at the weekend.
The accident happened shortly before 4pm on Saturday, October 24, when a Citroen collided with a Honda CRV at the junction of Green Lanes and Coopers Green Lane.
The driver and the front passenger of the Citroen, both men in their 20s, sustained life-threatening injuries and needed to be freed from the wreckage.
The driver was taken to the Royal Free Hospital in London while the passenger was taken by air ambulance to the Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
A second passenger in the Citroen, another man in his 20s, was taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC with minor injuries. The driver of the Honda was also taken there with minor injuries.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: "This collision was very serious indeed. Paramedics, firefighters and doctors worked tremendously hard for some time to treat the two trapped patients."
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
"The two men who we believe to be in their 20s received potentially life threatening injuries.
"A further two casualties, both men, were treated for non life-threatening injuries by paramedics before being taken to the QE2 hospital in WGC.