Two feared dead in Welwyn Garden City gas explosion
THERE are unconfirmed reports that two people have been killed in a gas explosion in WGC. Around 100 people have been evacuated after a gas canister exploded at Hertfordshire Data Centre on the Mundells industrial estate. Seven fi
THERE are unconfirmed reports that two people have been killed in a gas explosion in WGC.
Around 100 people have been evacuated after a gas canister exploded at Hertfordshire Data Centre on the Mundells industrial estate.
Seven fire engines are on the scene, with four more being called in from across the county.
Police and paramedics are on site, and all roads around the site have been closed.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said: "We were called at 3.15pm this afternoon following reports of an incident near the Mundells in WGC.
"Both the fire service and the ambulance service are in attendance and every effort is being made to establish what has happened and assist those who have been involved."
- 1 Second tree-umph as borough named ‘Tree City of the World’ again
- 2 Take a first look at the new Ebenezer Howard statue coming to our town
- 3 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 4 Three hours free parking to be considered for Hatfield
- 5 Line-up set to be announced for Herts music festival's 15th birthday party
- 6 New date announced for music festival in Hatfield
- 7 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 8 Welwyn Hatfield MP receives first dose of COVID-19 vaccination
- 9 Overweight vehicles fined in police crackdown
- 10 No jab, no job COVID-19 policy rolled out at care homes
A worker from Hertfordshire Business Services said: "We didn't hear anything. It was the fire engines we heard and people began to look out of the windows.
"We thought they may have found a bomb on the building site."
Eleanor Jones, 24, who works at Chromacol in Little Mundells, said: “We came outside because we heard lots of sirens.
“We haven’t got a clue what is happening but we can smell gas.”