Two dead in road tragedy
ONE of the victims in a road smash which claimed two lives was a woman engaged to be married. Hatfield worker Keeley Thorpe died after her Fiat Punto collided with a Volkswagen Polo on the A10 near Buntingford. The 29-year-old, who works at Nestor healthc
ONE of the victims in a road smash which claimed two lives was a woman engaged to be married.
Hatfield worker Keeley Thorpe died after her Fiat Punto collided with a Volkswagen Polo on the A10 near Buntingford.
The 29-year-old, who works at Nestor healthcare group in Beaconsfield Road with her fiancé, was travelling north when the smash occurred just after 8.30pm on Monday.
Ronald Leader, 81 from Cheshunt, was driving the Polo.
You may also want to watch:
Both were trapped in their vehicles and treated by paramedics on the roadside before being taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage where they both later died.
A spokesman for Herts police said: "It is believed that a Volkswagen Polo, which had been travelling south on the A10 behind a HGV, crossed into the northbound carriageway and collided with a Fiat Punto.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 3 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 6 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
"The driver of the lorry was uninjured. The road was closed while investigations were carried out at the scene."
Witnesses are asked to call Pc Ainsworth of the eastern area roads policing unit on 0845 3300 222.