Two arrests after Welwyn Garden City arson
TWO men have been arrested following an arson attack yesterday (Thursday) in which three vehicles were destroyed. A Peugeot 206 was torched in the attack, which is believed to have involved three men, in Oaken Grove, WGC, at 3.15am.
TWO men have been arrested following an arson attack yesterday (Thursday) in which three vehicles were destroyed.
A Peugeot 206 was torched in the attack, which is believed to have involved three men, in Oaken Grove, WGC, at 3.15am.
An adjacent Peugeot and a white van parked nearby also caught alight.
Police believe one of the men caught fire to his clothing during the attack, before removing his jacket and throwing it on the floor.
You may also want to watch:
He escaped in the direction of Great Ley and the other two men made off in an unknown direction.
Detective sergeant Paul Rogers, investigating, said: "This was an extremely dangerous and irresponsible act.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
"All three cars have been gutted as a result, which will be inconvenient and costly to the owners.
"This incident proved to one of the offenders in particular just how dangerous it is to handle flammable liquids."
If you have information call 0845 33 00 222.
* A 22 year-old-man from Wimbledon and a 25-year-old man from Wandsworth were arrested and bailed until May.