Two arrests after Welwyn Garden City arson
TWO men have been arrested following an arson attack yesterday (Thursday) in which three vehicles were destroyed. A Peugeot 206 was torched in the attack, which is believed to have involved three men, in Oaken Grove, WGC, at 3.15am.
TWO men have been arrested following an arson attack yesterday (Thursday) in which three vehicles were destroyed.
A Peugeot 206 was torched in the attack, which is believed to have involved three men, in Oaken Grove, WGC, at 3.15am.
An adjacent Peugeot and a white van parked nearby also caught alight.
Police believe one of the men caught fire to his clothing during the attack, before removing his jacket and throwing it on the floor.
You may also want to watch:
He escaped in the direction of Great Ley and the other two men made off in an unknown direction.
Detective sergeant Paul Rogers, investigating, said: "This was an extremely dangerous and irresponsible act.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
"All three cars have been gutted as a result, which will be inconvenient and costly to the owners.
"This incident proved to one of the offenders in particular just how dangerous it is to handle flammable liquids."
If you have information call 0845 33 00 222.
* A 22 year-old-man from Wimbledon and a 25-year-old man from Wandsworth were arrested and bailed until May.