Two arrests after Welwyn Garden City arson
TWO men have been arrested following an arson attack yesterday (Thursday) in which three vehicles were destroyed. A Peugeot 206 was torched in the attack, which is believed to have involved three men, in Oaken Grove, WGC, at 3.15am.
TWO men have been arrested following an arson attack yesterday (Thursday) in which three vehicles were destroyed.
A Peugeot 206 was torched in the attack, which is believed to have involved three men, in Oaken Grove, WGC, at 3.15am.
An adjacent Peugeot and a white van parked nearby also caught alight.
Police believe one of the men caught fire to his clothing during the attack, before removing his jacket and throwing it on the floor.
He escaped in the direction of Great Ley and the other two men made off in an unknown direction.
Detective sergeant Paul Rogers, investigating, said: "This was an extremely dangerous and irresponsible act.
- 1 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 2 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 3 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 See inside this rumoured prison conversion in Welwyn village
- 8 Six buses damaged at Potters Bar Bus Garage after 'significant' blaze
- 9 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 10 96-year-old WGC woman remembers the Queen's Coronation ahead of Platinum Jubilee
"All three cars have been gutted as a result, which will be inconvenient and costly to the owners.
"This incident proved to one of the offenders in particular just how dangerous it is to handle flammable liquids."
If you have information call 0845 33 00 222.
* A 22 year-old-man from Wimbledon and a 25-year-old man from Wandsworth were arrested and bailed until May.