Two arrests after Welwyn Garden City arson
TWO men have been arrested following an arson attack yesterday (Thursday) in which three vehicles were destroyed. A Peugeot 206 was torched in the attack, which is believed to have involved three men, in Oaken Grove, WGC, at 3.15am.
TWO men have been arrested following an arson attack yesterday (Thursday) in which three vehicles were destroyed.
A Peugeot 206 was torched in the attack, which is believed to have involved three men, in Oaken Grove, WGC, at 3.15am.
An adjacent Peugeot and a white van parked nearby also caught alight.
Police believe one of the men caught fire to his clothing during the attack, before removing his jacket and throwing it on the floor.
He escaped in the direction of Great Ley and the other two men made off in an unknown direction.
Detective sergeant Paul Rogers, investigating, said: "This was an extremely dangerous and irresponsible act.
- 1 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 2 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 9 Fire at University of Hertfordshire destroys kitchen
- 10 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City
"All three cars have been gutted as a result, which will be inconvenient and costly to the owners.
"This incident proved to one of the offenders in particular just how dangerous it is to handle flammable liquids."
If you have information call 0845 33 00 222.
* A 22 year-old-man from Wimbledon and a 25-year-old man from Wandsworth were arrested and bailed until May.