Two arrested in raid on ‘brothel’ in Hatfield
TWO people were arrested following a police raid on a suspected brothel in a quiet residential street.
Officers barged open the front door of the three-bed semi in Heathcote Avenue, Hatfield at 6.20pm on Monday evening.
They later emerged carrying bags containing hundreds of condoms.
Sex toys, lubricants and massage oils were also found, while a dull red light could be seen in one of the upstairs bedrooms.
Police also seized �1,100 in cash – including a number of �50 notes – under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
You may also want to watch:
Curious residents peeked through their curtains and watched from their doorsteps as a bespectacled man and a Thai woman were arrested.
The pair were bundled into waiting police cars and taken to Hatfield police station where they were questioned on suspicion of assisting in the management of a brothel.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 9 Hatfield Battle Proms concert is still going ahead as planned this summer
- 10 Hatfield's Folk by the Oak festival still going ahead this summer
Both have since been released on police bail.
Pc William Rogers-Overy said: “Prostitution is illegal and we want to make sure these [alleged] working girls are there of their own free will.”
The premises was advertised as the Coconut Massage Parlour and offered services between 10am and 10pm daily.