Two arrested in raid on ‘brothel’ in Hatfield
TWO people were arrested following a police raid on a suspected brothel in a quiet residential street.
Officers barged open the front door of the three-bed semi in Heathcote Avenue, Hatfield at 6.20pm on Monday evening.
They later emerged carrying bags containing hundreds of condoms.
Sex toys, lubricants and massage oils were also found, while a dull red light could be seen in one of the upstairs bedrooms.
Police also seized �1,100 in cash – including a number of �50 notes – under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
You may also want to watch:
Curious residents peeked through their curtains and watched from their doorsteps as a bespectacled man and a Thai woman were arrested.
The pair were bundled into waiting police cars and taken to Hatfield police station where they were questioned on suspicion of assisting in the management of a brothel.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 6 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 7 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 8 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 10 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
Both have since been released on police bail.
Pc William Rogers-Overy said: “Prostitution is illegal and we want to make sure these [alleged] working girls are there of their own free will.”
The premises was advertised as the Coconut Massage Parlour and offered services between 10am and 10pm daily.