Two arrested after man breaks leg in Hatfield fight
TWO people have been arrested after a man had his leg broken following a fight at the University of Hertfordshire’s new multi-million pound entertainment venue.
Police were called to The Forum, at the university’s College Lane campus, shortly before 3am this morning (Thursday), after security guards broke up a fight at the end of the student–only Bonk club night.
A 22-year-old man was taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC with a suspected broken leg.
Two other men, a 19-year-old man from North London and a 22-year-old man from East London, were arrested on suspicion of causing grevious bodily harm. They are currently being questioned by police.
A university spokeswoman said: “The police were called to the Forum last night after security staff reported an altercation. We are aware that two arrests have been made and one male was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“The security staff on duty responded quickly to the incident and it is now a matter for the police.”
She added: “The university takes all incidents very seriously and disciplinary action is taken against students found to be involved.”
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 10 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital