Two arrested after man breaks leg in Hatfield fight
TWO people have been arrested after a man had his leg broken following a fight at the University of Hertfordshire’s new multi-million pound entertainment venue.
Police were called to The Forum, at the university’s College Lane campus, shortly before 3am this morning (Thursday), after security guards broke up a fight at the end of the student–only Bonk club night.
A 22-year-old man was taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC with a suspected broken leg.
Two other men, a 19-year-old man from North London and a 22-year-old man from East London, were arrested on suspicion of causing grevious bodily harm. They are currently being questioned by police.
A university spokeswoman said: “The police were called to the Forum last night after security staff reported an altercation. We are aware that two arrests have been made and one male was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“The security staff on duty responded quickly to the incident and it is now a matter for the police.”
She added: “The university takes all incidents very seriously and disciplinary action is taken against students found to be involved.”
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 10 Lessons from Auschwitz: Why we must keep talking about the Holocaust