Two arrested after man breaks leg in Hatfield fight
TWO people have been arrested after a man had his leg broken following a fight at the University of Hertfordshire’s new multi-million pound entertainment venue.
Police were called to The Forum, at the university’s College Lane campus, shortly before 3am this morning (Thursday), after security guards broke up a fight at the end of the student–only Bonk club night.
A 22-year-old man was taken to the QE2 Hospital in WGC with a suspected broken leg.
Two other men, a 19-year-old man from North London and a 22-year-old man from East London, were arrested on suspicion of causing grevious bodily harm. They are currently being questioned by police.
A university spokeswoman said: “The police were called to the Forum last night after security staff reported an altercation. We are aware that two arrests have been made and one male was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“The security staff on duty responded quickly to the incident and it is now a matter for the police.”
She added: “The university takes all incidents very seriously and disciplinary action is taken against students found to be involved.”
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 5 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 8 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes