TV’s Gabby Logan to host Welwyn Garden City family’s charity ball
A SPRING ball hosted by a celebrity guest is set to raise funds for a charity which supported a WGC family through their child’s treatment for cancer.
When 11-year-old Georgia Ormrod was diagnosed with a brain tumour and rushed to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge her family obviously wanted to be close to her.
The Sick Children’s Trust (SCT) provided them with a room for as long as they needed.
That home-from-home turned out to be mum Jane, dad Stephen and sister Tasha’s place for five months.
Now, as Stanborough School pupil Georgia continues her treatment as an out-patient, her family is keen to do all it can to raise funds for others in the same position.
You may also want to watch:
Dad Stephen of South Ley, WGC said: “The SCT allowed us to support Georgia during her treatment as well as support each other during this particularly scary time.
“It’s really hard to put into words how much this meant to us or how difficult it would have been to cope and hold things together as well as we were able to, without their support.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
“There is no doubt in our minds that this had a direct impact on the speed on Georgia’s recovery.”
Stephen, who works at American Express has roped in ex-boss Alison Sagar, who has called in friends and colleagues and set up a charity, so as much money as possible goes direct to the children’s trust.
Television sports presenter Gabby Logan has agreed to host the event, being held at Hurlingham Club in London on Saturday, March 27, which will include a Champagne reception, three-course dinner with wine, live music and a few surprises.
Tickets cost �150. For more information visit the link on the top right of this page.
?* The Ormrods have already raised �4,400 from their first charity venture to buy two special chairs to help with rehabilitation at Addenbrooke’s.