TV chef celebrates pubs’ Good Food Guide listings
A TV chef from Welwyn is celebrating not one, but two listings in this year’s Good Food Guide.
Paul Bloxham’s two gastropubs – The Tilbury at Datchworth and The Blue Anchor in St Albans – have made the guide, which is celebrating its 60th anniversary.
The Tilbury has retained its listing from the past few years and, with a score of four out of 10, it is the highest-rated pub in the county.
Meanwhile, The Blue Anchor makes the guide for the first time – as well as the Eating Out in Pubs Michelin Guide – and follows Paul’s appointment as head chef in May this year.
Having launched a new menu soon after his arrival, Paul said he was over the moon with a score of two out of 10.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “That’s a really impressive score when it comes to The Good Food Guide.
“They’ve picked up on exactly what I wanted out of The Blue Anchor and hopefully this bit of good news will get more bums on seats here.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Paul, who lives in Welwyn, added: “One of the great things about our menu is that there’s something for everyone, including children.
“We have a constantly evolving menu and it really is not to be missed.”