TV chef celebrates pubs’ Good Food Guide listings
A TV chef from Welwyn is celebrating not one, but two listings in this year’s Good Food Guide.
Paul Bloxham’s two gastropubs – The Tilbury at Datchworth and The Blue Anchor in St Albans – have made the guide, which is celebrating its 60th anniversary.
The Tilbury has retained its listing from the past few years and, with a score of four out of 10, it is the highest-rated pub in the county.
Meanwhile, The Blue Anchor makes the guide for the first time – as well as the Eating Out in Pubs Michelin Guide – and follows Paul’s appointment as head chef in May this year.
Having launched a new menu soon after his arrival, Paul said he was over the moon with a score of two out of 10.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “That’s a really impressive score when it comes to The Good Food Guide.
“They’ve picked up on exactly what I wanted out of The Blue Anchor and hopefully this bit of good news will get more bums on seats here.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
Paul, who lives in Welwyn, added: “One of the great things about our menu is that there’s something for everyone, including children.
“We have a constantly evolving menu and it really is not to be missed.”