Troubled Potters Bar nightspot's fate to be decided
A HEARING to decide the fate of a trouble-plagued bar's licence will be held next month. According to Herts police, Luthers Bar, in High Street, Potters Bar, has been the scene of 'a number of fights' in recent months. The force subsequently asked Hertsme
A HEARING to decide the fate of a trouble-plagued bar's licence will be held next month.
According to Herts police, Luthers Bar, in High Street, Potters Bar, has been the scene of "a number of fights" in recent months.
The force subsequently asked Hertsmere Borough Council to review the bar's licence and following a 28-day consultation period, a licensing hearing has now been fixed.
A council spokeswoman said: "We are arranging a hearing at 10am on May 14 at the civic offices.
You may also want to watch:
"At that hearing we are going to listen to the views of the police and environmental protection team and the panel will make a decision on what to do in relation to the licence."
A range of outcomes, including revoking or adding conditions to the licence are possible.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 10 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game