Troubled Potters Bar nightspot's fate to be decided
A HEARING to decide the fate of a trouble-plagued bar's licence will be held next month. According to Herts police, Luthers Bar, in High Street, Potters Bar, has been the scene of 'a number of fights' in recent months. The force subsequently asked Hertsme
A HEARING to decide the fate of a trouble-plagued bar's licence will be held next month.
According to Herts police, Luthers Bar, in High Street, Potters Bar, has been the scene of "a number of fights" in recent months.
The force subsequently asked Hertsmere Borough Council to review the bar's licence and following a 28-day consultation period, a licensing hearing has now been fixed.
A council spokeswoman said: "We are arranging a hearing at 10am on May 14 at the civic offices.
You may also want to watch:
"At that hearing we are going to listen to the views of the police and environmental protection team and the panel will make a decision on what to do in relation to the licence."
A range of outcomes, including revoking or adding conditions to the licence are possible.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 8 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed