Troubled Potters Bar nightspot's fate to be decided
A HEARING to decide the fate of a trouble-plagued bar's licence will be held next month. According to Herts police, Luthers Bar, in High Street, Potters Bar, has been the scene of 'a number of fights' in recent months. The force subsequently asked Hertsme
A HEARING to decide the fate of a trouble-plagued bar's licence will be held next month.
According to Herts police, Luthers Bar, in High Street, Potters Bar, has been the scene of "a number of fights" in recent months.
The force subsequently asked Hertsmere Borough Council to review the bar's licence and following a 28-day consultation period, a licensing hearing has now been fixed.
A council spokeswoman said: "We are arranging a hearing at 10am on May 14 at the civic offices.
You may also want to watch:
"At that hearing we are going to listen to the views of the police and environmental protection team and the panel will make a decision on what to do in relation to the licence."
A range of outcomes, including revoking or adding conditions to the licence are possible.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 8 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 9 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week