Trio's 'Lucky' escape after car overturns
THREE men had a lucky escape after the car they were in crashed into trees and bushes and then overturned yesterday (Thursday). Paramedics were called to Old Knebworth Lane just before 5pm to a report of an overturned car.
THREE men had a lucky escape after the car they were in crashed into trees and bushes and then overturned yesterday (Thursday).
Paramedics were called to Old Knebworth Lane just before 5pm to a report of an overturned car.
Two ambulance crews from Stevenage and an air ambulance attended the incident.
Gary Sanderson, ambulance service spokesman who attended the crash said: "The car had rolled over and come to rest sideways in the country lane.
You may also want to watch:
"One man was lying on the roadside and sustained a significant back injury.
"Following assessments by paramedics the decision was taken to call upon the air ambulance to assist.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 5 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
"The paramedics worked closely with the doctor from the aircraft and following this the man was taken to the Lister Hospital by land ambulance.
He added: "The air ambulance was able to land right next to the crash scene in a field. The lads who were involved were very lucky indeed not to receive any major injuries."
The two other men who were not injured did not require hospital treatment.
The lane was closed to traffic for almost two hours.