Trio's 'Lucky' escape after car overturns
THREE men had a lucky escape after the car they were in crashed into trees and bushes and then overturned yesterday (Thursday). Paramedics were called to Old Knebworth Lane just before 5pm to a report of an overturned car.
THREE men had a lucky escape after the car they were in crashed into trees and bushes and then overturned yesterday (Thursday).
Paramedics were called to Old Knebworth Lane just before 5pm to a report of an overturned car.
Two ambulance crews from Stevenage and an air ambulance attended the incident.
Gary Sanderson, ambulance service spokesman who attended the crash said: "The car had rolled over and come to rest sideways in the country lane.
You may also want to watch:
"One man was lying on the roadside and sustained a significant back injury.
"Following assessments by paramedics the decision was taken to call upon the air ambulance to assist.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 Teenager charged after 'Rambo knife' and suspected class A drugs found
- 8 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
"The paramedics worked closely with the doctor from the aircraft and following this the man was taken to the Lister Hospital by land ambulance.
He added: "The air ambulance was able to land right next to the crash scene in a field. The lads who were involved were very lucky indeed not to receive any major injuries."
The two other men who were not injured did not require hospital treatment.
The lane was closed to traffic for almost two hours.