Trio's 'Lucky' escape after car overturns
THREE men had a lucky escape after the car they were in crashed into trees and bushes and then overturned yesterday (Thursday). Paramedics were called to Old Knebworth Lane just before 5pm to a report of an overturned car.
THREE men had a lucky escape after the car they were in crashed into trees and bushes and then overturned yesterday (Thursday).
Paramedics were called to Old Knebworth Lane just before 5pm to a report of an overturned car.
Two ambulance crews from Stevenage and an air ambulance attended the incident.
Gary Sanderson, ambulance service spokesman who attended the crash said: "The car had rolled over and come to rest sideways in the country lane.
You may also want to watch:
"One man was lying on the roadside and sustained a significant back injury.
"Following assessments by paramedics the decision was taken to call upon the air ambulance to assist.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 7 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 8 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 9 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
"The paramedics worked closely with the doctor from the aircraft and following this the man was taken to the Lister Hospital by land ambulance.
He added: "The air ambulance was able to land right next to the crash scene in a field. The lads who were involved were very lucky indeed not to receive any major injuries."
The two other men who were not injured did not require hospital treatment.
The lane was closed to traffic for almost two hours.