Tributes to Potters Bar bus driver killed in crash
FRIENDS and colleagues of Sunanda Senanayake, who was killed in a road accident on Saturday, have paid tribute to the man they knew as ""Sunny"" . Bus driver Mr Senanayake, 52, died after his car skidded on ice and came off the A1000 Great North Road in
FRIENDS and colleagues of Sunanda Senanayake, who was killed in a road accident on Saturday, have paid tribute to the man they knew as "Sunny".
Bus driver Mr Senanayake, 52, died after his car skidded on ice and came off the A1000 Great North Road in Brookmans Park, hitting a tree.
One colleague at bus operator Metroline in Potters Bar, where Mr Senanayake had worked since February 2004, described the 52-year-old as "a really lovely guy".
"He was always smiling and always laughing," she said. "He was a smashing bloke."
You may also want to watch:
Steve Bennet, general manager of Potters Bar garage from where Metroline operate, said: "His friends at Metroline called him 'Sunny' because of his bright and cheery disposition, he was always smiling and keen to help out whenever he could."
A memorial service is being held this evening for Mr Senanayake in London. Colleagues and managers from Potters Bar will be attending.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog