Tributes to Potters Bar bus driver killed in crash
FRIENDS and colleagues of Sunanda Senanayake, who was killed in a road accident on Saturday, have paid tribute to the man they knew as ""Sunny"" . Bus driver Mr Senanayake, 52, died after his car skidded on ice and came off the A1000 Great North Road in
FRIENDS and colleagues of Sunanda Senanayake, who was killed in a road accident on Saturday, have paid tribute to the man they knew as "Sunny".
Bus driver Mr Senanayake, 52, died after his car skidded on ice and came off the A1000 Great North Road in Brookmans Park, hitting a tree.
One colleague at bus operator Metroline in Potters Bar, where Mr Senanayake had worked since February 2004, described the 52-year-old as "a really lovely guy".
"He was always smiling and always laughing," she said. "He was a smashing bloke."
You may also want to watch:
Steve Bennet, general manager of Potters Bar garage from where Metroline operate, said: "His friends at Metroline called him 'Sunny' because of his bright and cheery disposition, he was always smiling and keen to help out whenever he could."
A memorial service is being held this evening for Mr Senanayake in London. Colleagues and managers from Potters Bar will be attending.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?