Tributes to Potters Bar bus driver killed in crash
FRIENDS and colleagues of Sunanda Senanayake, who was killed in a road accident on Saturday, have paid tribute to the man they knew as ""Sunny"" . Bus driver Mr Senanayake, 52, died after his car skidded on ice and came off the A1000 Great North Road in
FRIENDS and colleagues of Sunanda Senanayake, who was killed in a road accident on Saturday, have paid tribute to the man they knew as "Sunny".
Bus driver Mr Senanayake, 52, died after his car skidded on ice and came off the A1000 Great North Road in Brookmans Park, hitting a tree.
One colleague at bus operator Metroline in Potters Bar, where Mr Senanayake had worked since February 2004, described the 52-year-old as "a really lovely guy".
"He was always smiling and always laughing," she said. "He was a smashing bloke."
Steve Bennet, general manager of Potters Bar garage from where Metroline operate, said: "His friends at Metroline called him 'Sunny' because of his bright and cheery disposition, he was always smiling and keen to help out whenever he could."
A memorial service is being held this evening for Mr Senanayake in London. Colleagues and managers from Potters Bar will be attending.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 3 County Lines supplier sentenced to four years in prison
- 4 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 5 Co-op shop broken into
- 6 Construction begins on landmark University of Hertfordshire building
- 7 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 8 'Friendship zone' created in Welwyn school
- 9 Lee O'Leary resigns as manager of Isthmian League Potters Bar Town
- 10 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar