Tributes to Potters Bar bus driver killed in crash
FRIENDS and colleagues of Sunanda Senanayake, who was killed in a road accident on Saturday, have paid tribute to the man they knew as ""Sunny"" . Bus driver Mr Senanayake, 52, died after his car skidded on ice and came off the A1000 Great North Road in
FRIENDS and colleagues of Sunanda Senanayake, who was killed in a road accident on Saturday, have paid tribute to the man they knew as "Sunny".
Bus driver Mr Senanayake, 52, died after his car skidded on ice and came off the A1000 Great North Road in Brookmans Park, hitting a tree.
One colleague at bus operator Metroline in Potters Bar, where Mr Senanayake had worked since February 2004, described the 52-year-old as "a really lovely guy".
"He was always smiling and always laughing," she said. "He was a smashing bloke."
You may also want to watch:
Steve Bennet, general manager of Potters Bar garage from where Metroline operate, said: "His friends at Metroline called him 'Sunny' because of his bright and cheery disposition, he was always smiling and keen to help out whenever he could."
A memorial service is being held this evening for Mr Senanayake in London. Colleagues and managers from Potters Bar will be attending.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 9 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 10 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers