Tributes to ex-Welwyn Hatfield councillor’s wife
TRIBUTES have been paid following the death of Gillian Lewis, the wife of well-known ex-borough councillor Dr Dennis Lewis.
Mrs Lewis, 79, died at the QE2 Hospital in WGC on November 27.
The couple, from The Links, WGC, had been married for 54 years and had two sons and three grandchildren.
Dennis said of his late wife: “She was a wonderful person.
“She had an amazingly wide range of talents, loved her children and doted on her grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
“She was feisty and amusing, a popular figure wherever she went. And she was always there with advice and support for me in my public life.”
He said: “Many people who have been in touch with me have used the words ‘Lovely lady’. I say hear hear to that. I miss her terribly and will do so for the rest of my life.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
Friend Anne Woolmington, of The Quadrangle, said: “My fondest memory of Gill is her infectious laugh and her wonderful sense of humour.
“She was a good friend for over 50 years – her many talents and her fondness for animals, particularly cats, gave us many topics for interesting and sometimes hilarious conversations.
“She will leave a huge gap in the lives of all of us who were privileged to know her – it is the end of an era.”
Her funeral will take place on Tuesday at 1.30pm at St Francis Church in Church Road, WGC, followed by a committal at Harwood Park Crematorium, Knebworth, for family only.
Donations can be made to the PBC Foundation.