Tributes to ex-Welwyn Hatfield councillor’s wife
TRIBUTES have been paid following the death of Gillian Lewis, the wife of well-known ex-borough councillor Dr Dennis Lewis.
Mrs Lewis, 79, died at the QE2 Hospital in WGC on November 27.
The couple, from The Links, WGC, had been married for 54 years and had two sons and three grandchildren.
Dennis said of his late wife: “She was a wonderful person.
“She had an amazingly wide range of talents, loved her children and doted on her grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
“She was feisty and amusing, a popular figure wherever she went. And she was always there with advice and support for me in my public life.”
He said: “Many people who have been in touch with me have used the words ‘Lovely lady’. I say hear hear to that. I miss her terribly and will do so for the rest of my life.”
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
Friend Anne Woolmington, of The Quadrangle, said: “My fondest memory of Gill is her infectious laugh and her wonderful sense of humour.
“She was a good friend for over 50 years – her many talents and her fondness for animals, particularly cats, gave us many topics for interesting and sometimes hilarious conversations.
“She will leave a huge gap in the lives of all of us who were privileged to know her – it is the end of an era.”
Her funeral will take place on Tuesday at 1.30pm at St Francis Church in Church Road, WGC, followed by a committal at Harwood Park Crematorium, Knebworth, for family only.
Donations can be made to the PBC Foundation.