Tributes paid to Welwyn Hatfield councillor
WELWYN Hatfield Council chief executive has paid tribute to John Mansfield who died this morning, aged 80.
Councillor Mansfield, who served as chairman in 1999 to 2000, stood down from his role as deputy leader in October last year.
His colleagues have spoken to the WHT, including friend and leader John Dean who said he will miss his friend’s sharp sense of humour.
Welwyn Hatfield Council chief executive Michel Saminaden said: “John was a very dear colleague; he was passionate about his work and a very valuable member of the council.
“We will miss him greatly.”
You may also want to watch:
Mayor Kim Langley added: “It is very sad to lose someone like John, he was hard working and dedicated, and his fabulous sense of humour and enthusiasm will be a loss to us all.”
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog