Tributes paid to Welwyn Hatfield councillor
WELWYN Hatfield Council chief executive has paid tribute to John Mansfield who died this morning, aged 80.
Councillor Mansfield, who served as chairman in 1999 to 2000, stood down from his role as deputy leader in October last year.
His colleagues have spoken to the WHT, including friend and leader John Dean who said he will miss his friend’s sharp sense of humour.
Welwyn Hatfield Council chief executive Michel Saminaden said: “John was a very dear colleague; he was passionate about his work and a very valuable member of the council.
“We will miss him greatly.”
You may also want to watch:
Mayor Kim Langley added: “It is very sad to lose someone like John, he was hard working and dedicated, and his fabulous sense of humour and enthusiasm will be a loss to us all.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception