Tribute to A1(M) crash victim
THE family of a man who died after a multiple car crash on the A1(M) have paid tribute to him. Tony Radford was involved in the horrific five car pile-up on Tuesday of last week; he died in hospital the following day. The 42-year-old was a project manag
THE family of a man who died after a multiple car crash on the A1(M) have paid tribute to him.
Tony Radford was involved in the horrific five car pile-up on Tuesday of last week; he died in hospital the following day.
The 42-year-old was a project manager for RBA Software in Barnet, and lived in Stevenage.
Wife Gaynor, who he met in 1991 and has two children with - Mark, five, and Thomas, seven - said: "Everyone who met Tony knew what a wonderful person he was."
You may also want to watch:
The 41-year-old added: "The children and I will miss him so much.
"He has given us the foundations from which to grow."
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
Tony is one of five children to parents Dr Martin Radford and the late Diane Radford.
Sister Michelle, 40, said: "He was a loving father who was devoted to his family.
"There is not a word that exists that fully describes Tony's utter adoration for his family - they were his world."
The fatal crash happened southbound on the motorway between junctions five, at WGC, and four, for the Oldings Roundabout in the morning rush hour.
No one else was injured.