Tree catches fire in Welwyn Garden City
A TREE and several bushes caught fire in WGC over the weekend.
Firefighters were called to the junction of Cole Green Lane and Black Fan Road on Friday at around 5.45pm, to reports of a tree on fire.
One jet was used to extinguish the flames, which covered around 50 square metres of shrubbery.
Also on Friday, firefighters were called to Talbot Road, in Hatfield, to reports of a garden shed on fire.
Crews from Hatfield and WGC used two hoses and breathing apparatus to put out the shed, which was “well alight” at around 8.40am.
You may also want to watch:
And yesterday (Sunday) a bin caught fire in Moors Walk, WGC.
A crew from WGC arrived at 1.40pm to douse the flames.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 6 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank