Tree catches fire in Welwyn Garden City
A TREE and several bushes caught fire in WGC over the weekend.
Firefighters were called to the junction of Cole Green Lane and Black Fan Road on Friday at around 5.45pm, to reports of a tree on fire.
One jet was used to extinguish the flames, which covered around 50 square metres of shrubbery.
Also on Friday, firefighters were called to Talbot Road, in Hatfield, to reports of a garden shed on fire.
Crews from Hatfield and WGC used two hoses and breathing apparatus to put out the shed, which was “well alight” at around 8.40am.
You may also want to watch:
And yesterday (Sunday) a bin caught fire in Moors Walk, WGC.
A crew from WGC arrived at 1.40pm to douse the flames.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses