Tree catches fire in Welwyn Garden City
A TREE and several bushes caught fire in WGC over the weekend.
Firefighters were called to the junction of Cole Green Lane and Black Fan Road on Friday at around 5.45pm, to reports of a tree on fire.
One jet was used to extinguish the flames, which covered around 50 square metres of shrubbery.
Also on Friday, firefighters were called to Talbot Road, in Hatfield, to reports of a garden shed on fire.
Crews from Hatfield and WGC used two hoses and breathing apparatus to put out the shed, which was “well alight” at around 8.40am.
You may also want to watch:
And yesterday (Sunday) a bin caught fire in Moors Walk, WGC.
A crew from WGC arrived at 1.40pm to douse the flames.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say