Travel back in time at Knebworth House
Visitors will have a chance to travel through time from the Tudor to the Victorian era at Knebworth House, Park and Gardens at the Hands-On History event this weekend. There will be opportunities to enjoy various activities including calligraphy, making a
Visitors will have a chance to travel through time from the Tudor to the Victorian era at Knebworth House, Park and Gardens at the Hands-On History event this weekend.
There will be opportunities to enjoy various activities including calligraphy, making a Tudor ruff, dressing in Tudor costume, hearing and playing Tudor musical instruments and learning a dance. Other activities include designing your own coat of arms and brass rubbing.
Artisans will also be on hand to demonstrate traditional country crafts including thatching, making hurdles and rush matting.
Events to mark the house's origins are also planned.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a display of Victorian bowling on the sunken lawn, the chance to examine and try on medieval armour, the Knebworth archery team will give a display of longbow archery and there is the opportunity for visitors to shoot some arrows. There is a small additional charge for this.
To book and for season tickets and further information, contact Charlotte Farrer, email email@example.com, tel 01438 810931, fax 01438 811908, or visit the website at www.knebworthhouse.com
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 10 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital