Travel back in time at Knebworth House
Visitors will have a chance to travel through time from the Tudor to the Victorian era at Knebworth House, Park and Gardens at the Hands-On History event this weekend. There will be opportunities to enjoy various activities including calligraphy, making a
Visitors will have a chance to travel through time from the Tudor to the Victorian era at Knebworth House, Park and Gardens at the Hands-On History event this weekend.
There will be opportunities to enjoy various activities including calligraphy, making a Tudor ruff, dressing in Tudor costume, hearing and playing Tudor musical instruments and learning a dance. Other activities include designing your own coat of arms and brass rubbing.
Artisans will also be on hand to demonstrate traditional country crafts including thatching, making hurdles and rush matting.
Events to mark the house's origins are also planned.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a display of Victorian bowling on the sunken lawn, the chance to examine and try on medieval armour, the Knebworth archery team will give a display of longbow archery and there is the opportunity for visitors to shoot some arrows. There is a small additional charge for this.
To book and for season tickets and further information, contact Charlotte Farrer, email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel 01438 810931, fax 01438 811908, or visit the website at www.knebworthhouse.com
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield