Travel back in time at Knebworth House
Visitors will have a chance to travel through time from the Tudor to the Victorian era at Knebworth House, Park and Gardens at the Hands-On History event this weekend. There will be opportunities to enjoy various activities including calligraphy, making a
Visitors will have a chance to travel through time from the Tudor to the Victorian era at Knebworth House, Park and Gardens at the Hands-On History event this weekend.
There will be opportunities to enjoy various activities including calligraphy, making a Tudor ruff, dressing in Tudor costume, hearing and playing Tudor musical instruments and learning a dance. Other activities include designing your own coat of arms and brass rubbing.
Artisans will also be on hand to demonstrate traditional country crafts including thatching, making hurdles and rush matting.
Events to mark the house's origins are also planned.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a display of Victorian bowling on the sunken lawn, the chance to examine and try on medieval armour, the Knebworth archery team will give a display of longbow archery and there is the opportunity for visitors to shoot some arrows. There is a small additional charge for this.
To book and for season tickets and further information, contact Charlotte Farrer, email email@example.com, tel 01438 810931, fax 01438 811908, or visit the website at www.knebworthhouse.com
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 8 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 9 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week