Trampoline park to open in Welwyn Garden City next week
- Credit: Archant
Residents and thrill-seekers will be jumping for joy after it was announced today that the much-anticipated trampoline park will be opening in Welwyn Garden City on Monday.
Gosling Sports Park is introducing a Better Extreme Trampoline Park, which was meant to open this summer after work started in April.
The 1,600m2 facility is part of a £1.6million upgrade to the Gosling Sports Park, which included the reopening of two outdoor floodlit all-weather tennis courts.
It will include state-of-the-art equipment including a main court with foam pits, extreme dodgeball area, trapeze, fidget ladder, slack line and diving platform.
The trampoline park, which has a capacity of 115 people, is open to anyone aged 18 months and over.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Ross, Better Extreme national sports manager, said: “We’re thrilled to be opening this park, which uses carefully sourced, state-of-the-art trampolining equipment.
“We’re hoping that it’ll become a real destination for the region, attracting visitors from across Hertfordshire and the surrounding counties.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 7 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 8 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 9 Getting wild at Panshanger Park with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust
- 10 Pupils present cheque from Captain Tom 100 Challenge to charity
“Better Extreme is part of GLL [Greenwich Leisure Ltd], a not-for-profit social enterprise, and one of our key objectives is to get more people, more active, more often.”
Initial weekday opening times will be 10am until 5pm on Mondays and Tuesdays, 10am until 9pm Wednesdays to Fridays, and 10am until 7pm on weekends.
Until December 31, entry will be offered at a reduced rate of £7.95 per person.