Trainee Firefighter wins Miss Hertfordshire 2009
THE results are in, and a new beauty queen for the county has been named. Trainee firefighter Suzy Cumming was crowned Miss Hertfordshire 2009 at a glitzy ceremony in Stevenage on Sunday night (May 3). The 19-year-old will now represent
THE results are in, and a new beauty queen for the county has been named.
Trainee firefighter Suzy Cumming, from St Albans, was crowned Miss Hertfordshire 2009 at a glitzy ceremony in Stevenage on Sunday night (May 3).
The 19-year-old will now represent Hertfordshire at the Miss England finals, to be held in London on July 20.
A total of 39 girls made it to the final this year, and nine of them came from Times Territory.
You may also want to watch:
But although all our girls came away empty-handed, they played their part in making it a memorable night for the event's chosen charity.
Hearing Dogs for the Disabled received a cheque for �6,643, a total raised by the finalists throughout the competition, which this year was sponsored by The Galleria in Hatfield.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 6 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
Organiser Sue Waite said: "It was a brilliant evening, absolutely fantastic. To raise over �6,600 for Hearing Dogs for Disabled was wonderful.
"It was a very high standard this year. Suzy was the outright winner, but up until the final round of voting, it was anybody's game.