Trainee Firefighter wins Miss Hertfordshire 2009
THE results are in, and a new beauty queen for the county has been named. Trainee firefighter Suzy Cumming was crowned Miss Hertfordshire 2009 at a glitzy ceremony in Stevenage on Sunday night (May 3). The 19-year-old will now represent
THE results are in, and a new beauty queen for the county has been named.
Trainee firefighter Suzy Cumming, from St Albans, was crowned Miss Hertfordshire 2009 at a glitzy ceremony in Stevenage on Sunday night (May 3).
The 19-year-old will now represent Hertfordshire at the Miss England finals, to be held in London on July 20.
A total of 39 girls made it to the final this year, and nine of them came from Times Territory.
You may also want to watch:
But although all our girls came away empty-handed, they played their part in making it a memorable night for the event's chosen charity.
Hearing Dogs for the Disabled received a cheque for �6,643, a total raised by the finalists throughout the competition, which this year was sponsored by The Galleria in Hatfield.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
Organiser Sue Waite said: "It was a brilliant evening, absolutely fantastic. To raise over �6,600 for Hearing Dogs for Disabled was wonderful.
"It was a very high standard this year. Suzy was the outright winner, but up until the final round of voting, it was anybody's game.