Trainee Firefighter wins Miss Hertfordshire 2009
THE results are in, and a new beauty queen for the county has been named. Trainee firefighter Suzy Cumming was crowned Miss Hertfordshire 2009 at a glitzy ceremony in Stevenage on Sunday night (May 3). The 19-year-old will now represent
THE results are in, and a new beauty queen for the county has been named.
Trainee firefighter Suzy Cumming, from St Albans, was crowned Miss Hertfordshire 2009 at a glitzy ceremony in Stevenage on Sunday night (May 3).
The 19-year-old will now represent Hertfordshire at the Miss England finals, to be held in London on July 20.
A total of 39 girls made it to the final this year, and nine of them came from Times Territory.
But although all our girls came away empty-handed, they played their part in making it a memorable night for the event's chosen charity.
Hearing Dogs for the Disabled received a cheque for �6,643, a total raised by the finalists throughout the competition, which this year was sponsored by The Galleria in Hatfield.
- 1 Hunt for stolen labrador puppy from Welwyn Garden City
- 2 LIVE: Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield A-level results 2022
- 3 Disney's Encanto, The Greatest Showman and Spider-Man movie set for free outdoor cinema in Welwyn Garden City town centre
- 4 Food supplements worth £100s stolen from Holland and Barrett shop
- 5 Overgrown country lane 'is danger' to users, says mother
- 6 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 7 Campaigners hit out at Spectator’s ‘the folly of garden cities’ piece
- 8 Rave reviews for Classic Ibiza concert ahead of Hatfield House return
- 9 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 10 Enjoy the battle for the best firework display at Hatfield House
Organiser Sue Waite said: "It was a brilliant evening, absolutely fantastic. To raise over �6,600 for Hearing Dogs for Disabled was wonderful.
"It was a very high standard this year. Suzy was the outright winner, but up until the final round of voting, it was anybody's game.