Trainee Firefighter wins Miss Hertfordshire 2009
THE results are in, and a new beauty queen for the county has been named. Trainee firefighter Suzy Cumming was crowned Miss Hertfordshire 2009 at a glitzy ceremony in Stevenage on Sunday night (May 3). The 19-year-old will now represent
THE results are in, and a new beauty queen for the county has been named.
Trainee firefighter Suzy Cumming, from St Albans, was crowned Miss Hertfordshire 2009 at a glitzy ceremony in Stevenage on Sunday night (May 3).
The 19-year-old will now represent Hertfordshire at the Miss England finals, to be held in London on July 20.
A total of 39 girls made it to the final this year, and nine of them came from Times Territory.
You may also want to watch:
But although all our girls came away empty-handed, they played their part in making it a memorable night for the event's chosen charity.
Hearing Dogs for the Disabled received a cheque for �6,643, a total raised by the finalists throughout the competition, which this year was sponsored by The Galleria in Hatfield.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 10 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
Organiser Sue Waite said: "It was a brilliant evening, absolutely fantastic. To raise over �6,600 for Hearing Dogs for Disabled was wonderful.
"It was a very high standard this year. Suzy was the outright winner, but up until the final round of voting, it was anybody's game.