Trainee Firefighter wins Miss Hertfordshire 2009
THE results are in, and a new beauty queen for the county has been named. Trainee firefighter Suzy Cumming was crowned Miss Hertfordshire 2009 at a glitzy ceremony in Stevenage on Sunday night (May 3). The 19-year-old will now represent
THE results are in, and a new beauty queen for the county has been named.
Trainee firefighter Suzy Cumming, from St Albans, was crowned Miss Hertfordshire 2009 at a glitzy ceremony in Stevenage on Sunday night (May 3).
The 19-year-old will now represent Hertfordshire at the Miss England finals, to be held in London on July 20.
A total of 39 girls made it to the final this year, and nine of them came from Times Territory.
You may also want to watch:
But although all our girls came away empty-handed, they played their part in making it a memorable night for the event's chosen charity.
Hearing Dogs for the Disabled received a cheque for �6,643, a total raised by the finalists throughout the competition, which this year was sponsored by The Galleria in Hatfield.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 8 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
Organiser Sue Waite said: "It was a brilliant evening, absolutely fantastic. To raise over �6,600 for Hearing Dogs for Disabled was wonderful.
"It was a very high standard this year. Suzy was the outright winner, but up until the final round of voting, it was anybody's game.