Woolmer Green rail death ‘not suspicious’
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating this morning’s railway death near Woolmer Green do not believe it was a crime.
According to British Transport Police, a person was pronounced dead at the scene, and the death is not suspicious.
A spokesman said: “We were called to the line near Knebworth Station at 7.31am on Friday, 17 June following reports of a body on the line.
“We attended alongside Hertfordshire Constabulary and the East of England Ambulance Service and a person was pronounced dead at the scene.
“At this stage, officers are working to identify the person and inform their family, and to establish how the person came to be on the tracks.
You may also want to watch:
“We are not treating this incident as suspicious and a file will be prepared by the coroner.”
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 7 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 8 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist