Woolmer Green rail death ‘not suspicious’
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating this morning’s railway death near Woolmer Green do not believe it was a crime.
According to British Transport Police, a person was pronounced dead at the scene, and the death is not suspicious.
A spokesman said: “We were called to the line near Knebworth Station at 7.31am on Friday, 17 June following reports of a body on the line.
“We attended alongside Hertfordshire Constabulary and the East of England Ambulance Service and a person was pronounced dead at the scene.
“At this stage, officers are working to identify the person and inform their family, and to establish how the person came to be on the tracks.
You may also want to watch:
“We are not treating this incident as suspicious and a file will be prepared by the coroner.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man