Woolmer Green rail death ‘not suspicious’
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating this morning’s railway death near Woolmer Green do not believe it was a crime.
According to British Transport Police, a person was pronounced dead at the scene, and the death is not suspicious.
A spokesman said: “We were called to the line near Knebworth Station at 7.31am on Friday, 17 June following reports of a body on the line.
“We attended alongside Hertfordshire Constabulary and the East of England Ambulance Service and a person was pronounced dead at the scene.
“At this stage, officers are working to identify the person and inform their family, and to establish how the person came to be on the tracks.
You may also want to watch:
“We are not treating this incident as suspicious and a file will be prepared by the coroner.”
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?