Woolmer Green rail death ‘not suspicious’
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating this morning’s railway death near Woolmer Green do not believe it was a crime.
According to British Transport Police, a person was pronounced dead at the scene, and the death is not suspicious.
A spokesman said: “We were called to the line near Knebworth Station at 7.31am on Friday, 17 June following reports of a body on the line.
“We attended alongside Hertfordshire Constabulary and the East of England Ambulance Service and a person was pronounced dead at the scene.
“At this stage, officers are working to identify the person and inform their family, and to establish how the person came to be on the tracks.
You may also want to watch:
“We are not treating this incident as suspicious and a file will be prepared by the coroner.”
- 1 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 2 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 3 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 4 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month