Woman in 60s hospitalised after four separate crashes in Welwyn Garden City road
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 60s was hospitalised after one of four crashes on the same Welwyn Garden City road this morning.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said paramedics were called to Great North Road near Stanborough at 6.19am following reports of a crash.
“Two ambulances attended and crews treated one patient, believed to be a woman in her 60s,” he added.
“She was taken to Lister Hospital in a stable condition with a suspected non-life-threatening back injury.”
It was one of four separate crashes on the stretch, involving seven vehicles, which led to Herts Police officers closing the road for hours because of ice.
A police spokeswoman said four of the seven vehicles had to be recovered, but the road was reopened at around 10.45am.
The vehicles involved were a blue Force Mondeo, black Mini Cooper, white Ford Transit, blue Nissan Almera, white Citroen Relay, black Hyundai Santa Fe and silver Ford Ranger.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 8 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 9 From Russia with love... Catherine The Great series returns to Hatfield for season two of period drama
- 10 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting