Woman in 60s hospitalised after four separate crashes in Welwyn Garden City road
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 60s was hospitalised after one of four crashes on the same Welwyn Garden City road this morning.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said paramedics were called to Great North Road near Stanborough at 6.19am following reports of a crash.
“Two ambulances attended and crews treated one patient, believed to be a woman in her 60s,” he added.
“She was taken to Lister Hospital in a stable condition with a suspected non-life-threatening back injury.”
It was one of four separate crashes on the stretch, involving seven vehicles, which led to Herts Police officers closing the road for hours because of ice.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said four of the seven vehicles had to be recovered, but the road was reopened at around 10.45am.
The vehicles involved were a blue Force Mondeo, black Mini Cooper, white Ford Transit, blue Nissan Almera, white Citroen Relay, black Hyundai Santa Fe and silver Ford Ranger.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn