Motorcyclist hospitalised after crash outside Welwyn Garden City’s Morrisons
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist was hospitalised following a crash outside Welwyn Garden City’s Morrisons this afternoon.
Police were called to the collision on Black Fan Road’s roundabout at 2.36pm following reports that a car and motorcycle had collided.
Officers closed the road from the junction with Panshanger Drive to allow the ambulance service to treat a patient in their 30s.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “We were called at 2.45pm today to reports of a road traffic collision involving a motorcycle on Black Fan Road, Welwyn Garden City.
“A rapid response vehicle and ambulance crew were sent to the scene. The patient, believed to be in their 30s, was transported to Lister Hospital with back and arm injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“The injuries are not thought to be life threatening.”
Police officers have now reopened the stretch and delays have eased.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire