Motorcyclist hospitalised after crash outside Welwyn Garden City’s Morrisons
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist was hospitalised following a crash outside Welwyn Garden City’s Morrisons this afternoon.
Police were called to the collision on Black Fan Road’s roundabout at 2.36pm following reports that a car and motorcycle had collided.
Officers closed the road from the junction with Panshanger Drive to allow the ambulance service to treat a patient in their 30s.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “We were called at 2.45pm today to reports of a road traffic collision involving a motorcycle on Black Fan Road, Welwyn Garden City.
“A rapid response vehicle and ambulance crew were sent to the scene. The patient, believed to be in their 30s, was transported to Lister Hospital with back and arm injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“The injuries are not thought to be life threatening.”
Police officers have now reopened the stretch and delays have eased.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 7 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 8 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 9 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday