Motorcyclist hospitalised after crash outside Welwyn Garden City’s Morrisons
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist was hospitalised following a crash outside Welwyn Garden City’s Morrisons this afternoon.
Police were called to the collision on Black Fan Road’s roundabout at 2.36pm following reports that a car and motorcycle had collided.
Officers closed the road from the junction with Panshanger Drive to allow the ambulance service to treat a patient in their 30s.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “We were called at 2.45pm today to reports of a road traffic collision involving a motorcycle on Black Fan Road, Welwyn Garden City.
“A rapid response vehicle and ambulance crew were sent to the scene. The patient, believed to be in their 30s, was transported to Lister Hospital with back and arm injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“The injuries are not thought to be life threatening.”
Police officers have now reopened the stretch and delays have eased.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 9 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar