Motorcyclist hospitalised after crash outside Welwyn Garden City’s Morrisons
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist was hospitalised following a crash outside Welwyn Garden City’s Morrisons this afternoon.
Police were called to the collision on Black Fan Road’s roundabout at 2.36pm following reports that a car and motorcycle had collided.
Officers closed the road from the junction with Panshanger Drive to allow the ambulance service to treat a patient in their 30s.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “We were called at 2.45pm today to reports of a road traffic collision involving a motorcycle on Black Fan Road, Welwyn Garden City.
“A rapid response vehicle and ambulance crew were sent to the scene. The patient, believed to be in their 30s, was transported to Lister Hospital with back and arm injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“The injuries are not thought to be life threatening.”
Police officers have now reopened the stretch and delays have eased.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure