Win a great steam train journey on The Christmas Tynesider
FANCY a great day out on a steam train? If the answer is yes, then we have got the perfect Christmas competition for you to enter.
THE Christmas Tynesider special train will steam into Stevenage to collect passengers on its way to York, Durham and Newcastle on Saturday, December 19.
And you could be waiting at the platform to step aboard the train’s vintage carriages for a great day out.
Courtesy of The Railway Touring Company, we have three pairs of premier dining tickets, worth �378 a pair, to give away to the three winners of our Christmas Steam Competition.
The Christmas Tynesider will be hauled by 1937-built steam locomotive A4 Pacific 60007 Sir Nigel Gresley.
You may also want to watch:
This steam special will take Christmas shoppers and sightseers for a nostalgic journey northwards to a choice of destinations – festive York, the fine city of Durham or vibrant Newcastle.
Passengers who, like our lucky competition winners, choose the premier dining option will enjoy a full English breakfast, light lunch and four course dinner silver served at their seats on board as the miles fly by.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
Passengers alighting at York will have time to explore the city’s ancient cobbled streets, visit the magnificent Minister or shop along the famous Shambles, all lit up for Christmas.
Travellers who choose to stop at Durham might like to see the hilltop cathedral and, those staying on board to Newcastle will have time to visit the shops or contemporary river front with its Baltic gallery.
The Christmas Tynesider promises to be a Christmas treat to remember with Father Christmas joining the train for the return steam journey with gifts for the children.
If you would like to be in with a chance of winning a pair of premier dining tickets for the Christmas Tynesider, then all you have to do is answer this simple question:
To which Tyneside city is The Christmas Tynesider heading?
To enter, send your answer on a postcard to: Tynesider competition, Web Editor, Archant Herts & Cambs, Bank House, Primett Road, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 3EE.
Remember to include your name, address and a daytime contact number.
The competition closes on November 30, so get your entry in fast.
Winners will be chosen at random from all the correct entries received before this date.
The tickets are valid for the departure on December 19 only.
Normal Archant competition rules apply. The Railway Touring Company’s terms and conditions also apply.
* Contact The Railway Touring Company on 01553 661500 for more information or tickets.
The Railway Touring Company is offering our readers a �5 per person discount on all tickets using our special booking code: WPA