Welwyn road closed due to flooding
- Credit: Archant
A road in Welwyn is closed after flooding overnight and an investigation into the flooding is currently taking place.
Police were called at 7.16pm last night (February 7) to reports of flooding on Kimpton Road.
A Herts Police spokeswoman said: “Highways were informed and the road was closed just before 8pm.
“We left the matter in the hands of Herts Highways.”
Kevin Carrol, Ringway Divisional Manager, working on behalf of Hertfordshire County Council, said: “Our emergency crews attended Kimpton Road, in Welwyn, following a report from police of flooding overnight and under Herts Police’s instruction the road was closed.
You may also want to watch:
“The road has been checked today and will be checked through the weekend.
“If the flooding subsides, we will reopen the road.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
“An investigation into the cause of the flooding will then follow.”