Welwyn road closed due to flooding
- Credit: Archant
A road in Welwyn is closed after flooding overnight and an investigation into the flooding is currently taking place.
Police were called at 7.16pm last night (February 7) to reports of flooding on Kimpton Road.
A Herts Police spokeswoman said: “Highways were informed and the road was closed just before 8pm.
“We left the matter in the hands of Herts Highways.”
Kevin Carrol, Ringway Divisional Manager, working on behalf of Hertfordshire County Council, said: “Our emergency crews attended Kimpton Road, in Welwyn, following a report from police of flooding overnight and under Herts Police’s instruction the road was closed.
You may also want to watch:
“The road has been checked today and will be checked through the weekend.
“If the flooding subsides, we will reopen the road.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 5 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 6 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 7 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 8 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
“An investigation into the cause of the flooding will then follow.”