Welwyn road closed due to flooding
- Credit: Archant
A road in Welwyn is closed after flooding overnight and an investigation into the flooding is currently taking place.
Police were called at 7.16pm last night (February 7) to reports of flooding on Kimpton Road.
A Herts Police spokeswoman said: “Highways were informed and the road was closed just before 8pm.
“We left the matter in the hands of Herts Highways.”
Kevin Carrol, Ringway Divisional Manager, working on behalf of Hertfordshire County Council, said: “Our emergency crews attended Kimpton Road, in Welwyn, following a report from police of flooding overnight and under Herts Police’s instruction the road was closed.
You may also want to watch:
“The road has been checked today and will be checked through the weekend.
“If the flooding subsides, we will reopen the road.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 Teenager charged after 'Rambo knife' and suspected class A drugs found
- 8 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
“An investigation into the cause of the flooding will then follow.”