Welwyn Hatfield schools shutting early due to snow
SCHOOLS across Times Territory opened as normal today (Wednesday) despite the overnight snow – although many are now making decisions about closing early.
Monk’s Walk School in WGC has already announced it will close for the day at 1.15pm.
Headteacher Philip Bunn said: “Due to severe weather, we have taken the decision to close early.
“This will enable students and staff to have time to make safe journeys home in the light.
“Given the acute travel difficulties experienced this morning, we want to ensure that everyone gets home safely.”
You may also want to watch:
He added that GCSE and A-level exams took place as scheduled today – and will again tomorrow (Thursday), regardless of whether the rest of the school is open or not.
Other early finishes include:
- 1 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 9 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
* Brookmans Park Primary School, Holy Family School in WGC, and St John’s School, Digswell, are open until 3.15pm today, although parents can collect parents early if they need to.
* Homerswood Primary School in WGC and Templewood Primary School in WGC are shutting at 1.15pm.
* Harwood Hill School in WGC and Oak View School in Hatfield are closing at 1.30pm.
* Ladbrooke School in Potters Bar and Oaklands Primary School in Welwyn are closing at 1pm.
* Rowans Primary School in WGC is open as usual – but parents can collect pupils at 1.15pm if they wish.
* St Philip Howard School in Hatfield is open until 2pm.
* Tenterfield Nursery in Welwyn is open until 3pm.