Welwyn Hatfield schools shutting early due to snow
SCHOOLS across Times Territory opened as normal today (Wednesday) despite the overnight snow – although many are now making decisions about closing early.
Monk’s Walk School in WGC has already announced it will close for the day at 1.15pm.
Headteacher Philip Bunn said: “Due to severe weather, we have taken the decision to close early.
“This will enable students and staff to have time to make safe journeys home in the light.
“Given the acute travel difficulties experienced this morning, we want to ensure that everyone gets home safely.”
You may also want to watch:
He added that GCSE and A-level exams took place as scheduled today – and will again tomorrow (Thursday), regardless of whether the rest of the school is open or not.
Other early finishes include:
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 7 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 8 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
* Brookmans Park Primary School, Holy Family School in WGC, and St John’s School, Digswell, are open until 3.15pm today, although parents can collect parents early if they need to.
* Homerswood Primary School in WGC and Templewood Primary School in WGC are shutting at 1.15pm.
* Harwood Hill School in WGC and Oak View School in Hatfield are closing at 1.30pm.
* Ladbrooke School in Potters Bar and Oaklands Primary School in Welwyn are closing at 1pm.
* Rowans Primary School in WGC is open as usual – but parents can collect pupils at 1.15pm if they wish.
* St Philip Howard School in Hatfield is open until 2pm.
* Tenterfield Nursery in Welwyn is open until 3pm.