Welwyn Hatfield rubbish and recycling cancelled
REFUSE and recycling rounds have been cancelled today (Wednesday) due to the adverse weather conditions.
The already disrupted timetable has been thrown into chaos once again as the snow falls.
Serco staff have already been spotted in and around the borough clearing pathways.
A council spokeswoman said: “Snow and ice today (Wednesday 6 January) has made it unsafe for Serco to access residential built-up areas in their refuse and recycling vehicles, or for operatives to lift and carry heavy waste over long distances and slippery surfaces.
“This decision has been made with the safety of our operatives and members of the public in mind.
You may also want to watch:
“Your waste and recycling will be collected when the conditions change and it becomes safe to do so.
“While waiting for a collection, please ensure all uncollected waste is stored and contained securely on the boundary of your property.”
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 3 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 4 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 6 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 7 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 8 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- 9 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
*Are you a resident? What do you think? Comment below.