Welwyn Hatfield rubbish and recycling cancelled
REFUSE and recycling rounds have been cancelled today (Wednesday) due to the adverse weather conditions.
The already disrupted timetable has been thrown into chaos once again as the snow falls.
Serco staff have already been spotted in and around the borough clearing pathways.
A council spokeswoman said: “Snow and ice today (Wednesday 6 January) has made it unsafe for Serco to access residential built-up areas in their refuse and recycling vehicles, or for operatives to lift and carry heavy waste over long distances and slippery surfaces.
“This decision has been made with the safety of our operatives and members of the public in mind.
“Your waste and recycling will be collected when the conditions change and it becomes safe to do so.
“While waiting for a collection, please ensure all uncollected waste is stored and contained securely on the boundary of your property.”
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 8 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed for more than seven years
*Are you a resident? What do you think? Comment below.