Welwyn Hatfield rubbish and recycling cancelled
REFUSE and recycling rounds have been cancelled today (Wednesday) due to the adverse weather conditions.
The already disrupted timetable has been thrown into chaos once again as the snow falls.
Serco staff have already been spotted in and around the borough clearing pathways.
A council spokeswoman said: “Snow and ice today (Wednesday 6 January) has made it unsafe for Serco to access residential built-up areas in their refuse and recycling vehicles, or for operatives to lift and carry heavy waste over long distances and slippery surfaces.
“This decision has been made with the safety of our operatives and members of the public in mind.
You may also want to watch:
“Your waste and recycling will be collected when the conditions change and it becomes safe to do so.
“While waiting for a collection, please ensure all uncollected waste is stored and contained securely on the boundary of your property.”
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
*Are you a resident? What do you think? Comment below.