Welwyn Hatfield rubbish and recycling cancelled
REFUSE and recycling rounds have been cancelled today (Wednesday) due to the adverse weather conditions.
The already disrupted timetable has been thrown into chaos once again as the snow falls.
Serco staff have already been spotted in and around the borough clearing pathways.
A council spokeswoman said: “Snow and ice today (Wednesday 6 January) has made it unsafe for Serco to access residential built-up areas in their refuse and recycling vehicles, or for operatives to lift and carry heavy waste over long distances and slippery surfaces.
“This decision has been made with the safety of our operatives and members of the public in mind.
You may also want to watch:
“Your waste and recycling will be collected when the conditions change and it becomes safe to do so.
“While waiting for a collection, please ensure all uncollected waste is stored and contained securely on the boundary of your property.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
*Are you a resident? What do you think? Comment below.