Welwyn Hatfield rubbish and recycling cancelled
REFUSE and recycling rounds have been cancelled today (Wednesday) due to the adverse weather conditions.
The already disrupted timetable has been thrown into chaos once again as the snow falls.
Serco staff have already been spotted in and around the borough clearing pathways.
A council spokeswoman said: “Snow and ice today (Wednesday 6 January) has made it unsafe for Serco to access residential built-up areas in their refuse and recycling vehicles, or for operatives to lift and carry heavy waste over long distances and slippery surfaces.
“This decision has been made with the safety of our operatives and members of the public in mind.
“Your waste and recycling will be collected when the conditions change and it becomes safe to do so.
“While waiting for a collection, please ensure all uncollected waste is stored and contained securely on the boundary of your property.”
- 1 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 4 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 5 Vehicle caught fire on M25
- 6 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 7 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 8 Hertfordshire County Council will fund free summer activity camps for children in the Welwyn Hatfield area
- 9 Vandals trash toilet on WGC train
- 10 Schoolchildren get lesson in robotics at University of Hertfordshire
*Are you a resident? What do you think? Comment below.