Welwyn Hatfield refuse collections suspended
REFUSE and recycling rounds have been suspended for all Welwyn Hatfield residents.
It looks likely that a revised schedule will not be announced by Welwyn Hatfield Council.
Current advice states that collections usually on a Thursday will not be picked up until next Thursday for example.
However a council spokeswoman said the situation could change.
She said: “Waste and recycling will be collected when the conditions change and it becomes safe to do so.”
You may also want to watch:
Asked about the revised schedule she added: “We don’t want to raise expectations.
“A definite decision will be made on Friday.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
“It could go either way at the moment.”
Serco staff are currently clearing the council’s priority areas including Hatfield market and shopping parades.