Welwyn Hatfield refuse collections suspended
REFUSE and recycling rounds have been suspended for all Welwyn Hatfield residents.
It looks likely that a revised schedule will not be announced by Welwyn Hatfield Council.
Current advice states that collections usually on a Thursday will not be picked up until next Thursday for example.
However a council spokeswoman said the situation could change.
She said: “Waste and recycling will be collected when the conditions change and it becomes safe to do so.”
Asked about the revised schedule she added: “We don’t want to raise expectations.
“A definite decision will be made on Friday.
- 1 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 2 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 9 Fire at University of Hertfordshire destroys kitchen
- 10 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City
“It could go either way at the moment.”
Serco staff are currently clearing the council’s priority areas including Hatfield market and shopping parades.