Welwyn Hatfield refuse collections suspended
REFUSE and recycling rounds have been suspended for all Welwyn Hatfield residents.
It looks likely that a revised schedule will not be announced by Welwyn Hatfield Council.
Current advice states that collections usually on a Thursday will not be picked up until next Thursday for example.
However a council spokeswoman said the situation could change.
She said: “Waste and recycling will be collected when the conditions change and it becomes safe to do so.”
You may also want to watch:
Asked about the revised schedule she added: “We don’t want to raise expectations.
“A definite decision will be made on Friday.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
“It could go either way at the moment.”
Serco staff are currently clearing the council’s priority areas including Hatfield market and shopping parades.