Welwyn Hatfield mayor’s world record attempt
IF you would like the mayor to attend an event you’re holding, now’s the time to ask.
Welwyn Hatfield mayor Kim Langley wants the people of Times Territory to invite her to as many events as possible, in a bid to set a world record for most official visits by a mayor in one day.
Cllr Langley will embark upon the challenge at 10am on Saturday, April 10, and will be travelling across the borough throughout the day in a bid to get into the Guinness Book of Records.
And you can help her by putting your name down for a mayoral visit.
It doesn’t have to be anything official, formal or fancy, as a spokeswoman for Welwyn Hatfield Council explained.
“Kim is hoping to break a world record to achieve the most mayoral visits in one day,” she said.
“So, if you have an event that she could attend, from the opening of an envelope to a prize giving event, a hospital visit or birthday party, please get in touch and let us know.”
- 1 County Lines supplier sentenced to four years in prison
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Co-op shop broken into
- 4 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 5 Construction begins on landmark University of Hertfordshire building
- 6 'Where are the housing reductions for Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield?'
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 Family first for O'Leary as accumulation of challenges leads to Potters Bar Town resignation
- 9 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 10 Lee O'Leary resigns as manager of Isthmian League Potters Bar Town
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to invite the mayor to your event.