Welwyn Hatfield mayor’s world record attempt
IF you would like the mayor to attend an event you’re holding, now’s the time to ask.
Welwyn Hatfield mayor Kim Langley wants the people of Times Territory to invite her to as many events as possible, in a bid to set a world record for most official visits by a mayor in one day.
Cllr Langley will embark upon the challenge at 10am on Saturday, April 10, and will be travelling across the borough throughout the day in a bid to get into the Guinness Book of Records.
And you can help her by putting your name down for a mayoral visit.
It doesn’t have to be anything official, formal or fancy, as a spokeswoman for Welwyn Hatfield Council explained.
You may also want to watch:
“Kim is hoping to break a world record to achieve the most mayoral visits in one day,” she said.
“So, if you have an event that she could attend, from the opening of an envelope to a prize giving event, a hospital visit or birthday party, please get in touch and let us know.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 What time will the election results come in?
- 5 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to invite the mayor to your event.