Welwyn Hatfield bus cancelled due to ‘staff shortages’
- Credit: Archant
A popular bus that runs through Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City has been cancelled this morning due to staff shortages.
The 601 Unobus, that was heading from Welwyn Garden City bus station to St Albans, at 7.56am was cancelled.
The same bus coming the opposite direction from St Albans to Welwyn Garden City faced delays up to nearly 45 minutes.
Uno tweeted: “The 7.56am departure from Welwyn Garden City will not run due to staff shortages.”
The customer care account was inundated with questions from the public asking where their bus was.
You may also want to watch:
One bus user told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “It’s ridiculous this route is late every single day. I pay £65 a month for my ticket and for what? It’s never on time.
“They need to get more organised and hire drivers if it’s an issue. Their customers are paying a lot of money for their services.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 5 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
“Oaklands students and Stanborough School pupils use that service and one poor little kid, who must have been in year 7, was shivering waiting at the bus stop for 45 minutes in the freezing cold.”
Uno later tweeted a poster advertising that they are hiring drivers.