Welwyn Hatfield bus cancelled due to ‘staff shortages’
- Credit: Archant
A popular bus that runs through Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City has been cancelled this morning due to staff shortages.
The 601 Unobus, that was heading from Welwyn Garden City bus station to St Albans, at 7.56am was cancelled.
The same bus coming the opposite direction from St Albans to Welwyn Garden City faced delays up to nearly 45 minutes.
Uno tweeted: “The 7.56am departure from Welwyn Garden City will not run due to staff shortages.”
The customer care account was inundated with questions from the public asking where their bus was.
You may also want to watch:
One bus user told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “It’s ridiculous this route is late every single day. I pay £65 a month for my ticket and for what? It’s never on time.
“They need to get more organised and hire drivers if it’s an issue. Their customers are paying a lot of money for their services.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
“Oaklands students and Stanborough School pupils use that service and one poor little kid, who must have been in year 7, was shivering waiting at the bus stop for 45 minutes in the freezing cold.”
Uno later tweeted a poster advertising that they are hiring drivers.