Welwyn Hatfield bus cancelled due to ‘staff shortages’
- Credit: Archant
A popular bus that runs through Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City has been cancelled this morning due to staff shortages.
The 601 Unobus, that was heading from Welwyn Garden City bus station to St Albans, at 7.56am was cancelled.
The same bus coming the opposite direction from St Albans to Welwyn Garden City faced delays up to nearly 45 minutes.
Uno tweeted: “The 7.56am departure from Welwyn Garden City will not run due to staff shortages.”
The customer care account was inundated with questions from the public asking where their bus was.
You may also want to watch:
One bus user told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “It’s ridiculous this route is late every single day. I pay £65 a month for my ticket and for what? It’s never on time.
“They need to get more organised and hire drivers if it’s an issue. Their customers are paying a lot of money for their services.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 3 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
“Oaklands students and Stanborough School pupils use that service and one poor little kid, who must have been in year 7, was shivering waiting at the bus stop for 45 minutes in the freezing cold.”
Uno later tweeted a poster advertising that they are hiring drivers.