Welwyn Hatfield bus cancelled due to ‘staff shortages’
- Credit: Archant
A popular bus that runs through Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City has been cancelled this morning due to staff shortages.
The 601 Unobus, that was heading from Welwyn Garden City bus station to St Albans, at 7.56am was cancelled.
The same bus coming the opposite direction from St Albans to Welwyn Garden City faced delays up to nearly 45 minutes.
Uno tweeted: “The 7.56am departure from Welwyn Garden City will not run due to staff shortages.”
The customer care account was inundated with questions from the public asking where their bus was.
You may also want to watch:
One bus user told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “It’s ridiculous this route is late every single day. I pay £65 a month for my ticket and for what? It’s never on time.
“They need to get more organised and hire drivers if it’s an issue. Their customers are paying a lot of money for their services.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
“Oaklands students and Stanborough School pupils use that service and one poor little kid, who must have been in year 7, was shivering waiting at the bus stop for 45 minutes in the freezing cold.”
Uno later tweeted a poster advertising that they are hiring drivers.