All trains serving Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar cancelled for two weekends
- Credit: Archant
There will be no trains serving Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar during the next two weekends, Govia Thameslink has confirmed.
A spokesperson said that all lines between London and Stevenage will be closed due to engineering work over the next two weekends, as well as all Sundays until the end of March.
Buses will run between Finsbury Park, Alexandra Palace and Stevenage via Welwyn Garden City, calling additionally at Cockfosters tube station for London Underground connections.
Customers can also use the underground between King’s Cross and Cockfosters.
She added: “Trains running between London King’s Cross and Cambridge/Peterborough/King’s Lynn will depart London King’s Cross approximately 15 minutes earlier than advertised.
“They will be diverted via Hertford North, extending journey times.
“‘Stopping’ services between London King’s Cross and Cambridge will run only between Stevenage and Cambridge.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 4 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 7 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
- 10 Flooding in Hatfield 'damages' vehicles
“Buses will also run between Hertford North and Stevenage.”
For further details and variations on each date visit https://www.greatnorthernrail.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/planned-engineering-work