Welwyn Garden City train commuter fury
- Credit: Archant
Anger erupted at Welwyn Garden City Station this morning when hundreds of passengers were unable to board an over-crowded train.
Housing consultant Chris Webb, 52, told the Welwyn Hatfield Times that only a handful of people were able to squeeze onto the 0755 Govia Great Northern Service to King’s Cross, leaving two whole rows of would-be passengers stranded on the platform.
The Stevenage man said: “Their frustration boiled over. People were literally hammering on the windows.
“They just wanted to get to work.”
A later announcement blamed the short formation (four rather than eight carriages) on a lack of serviceable trains.
You may also want to watch:
Train company Govia Great Northern has not yet responded to the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ request for comment.
Have you been delayed because you couldn’t get on this train, or other recent over-crowded services?
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 8 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
Email your views and any pictures of over-crowding to email@example.com