Welwyn Garden City train commuter fury
- Credit: Archant
Anger erupted at Welwyn Garden City Station this morning when hundreds of passengers were unable to board an over-crowded train.
Housing consultant Chris Webb, 52, told the Welwyn Hatfield Times that only a handful of people were able to squeeze onto the 0755 Govia Great Northern Service to King’s Cross, leaving two whole rows of would-be passengers stranded on the platform.
The Stevenage man said: “Their frustration boiled over. People were literally hammering on the windows.
“They just wanted to get to work.”
A later announcement blamed the short formation (four rather than eight carriages) on a lack of serviceable trains.
You may also want to watch:
Train company Govia Great Northern has not yet responded to the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ request for comment.
Have you been delayed because you couldn’t get on this train, or other recent over-crowded services?
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
Email your views and any pictures of over-crowding to firstname.lastname@example.org