Welwyn Garden City to St Albans bus route firm defends record
- Credit: Archant
The boss of under-fire bus company Uno defended the firm’s performance when he appeared before councillors last week.
Philip Waters, chairman of Uno, responded to questions from St Albans District council’s local services scrutiny committee and addressed issues raised by passengers about services.
In particular, passengers were concerned about the punctuality of the 653 service, which runs from WGC to St Albans city centre.
Mr Waters explained that Uno had just introduced a new timetable for the 653 service in the hope of getting buses running on time.
The boss also offered to share performance monitoring data on bus times, breakdowns, staff sickness and attendance levels with councillors.
You may also want to watch:
Chair of the scrutiny committee, Cllr Chris White, said: “Uno bus services provide important routes with numerous travel opportunities for local residents and people working in St Albans.
“However, passengers have found that these services are not as reliable as they could be.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 8 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon filmed in Hertfordshire
“Uno is trying to address this by introducing new timetables.”
Paul Spelzini, coordinator of the Potters Bar and St Albans Transport User Group, was also keen to see improvements and said he was considering writing to the Traffic Commissioner in Cambridge about the service.