Welwyn Garden City road to shut for resurfacing
The A1000 Bessemer Road in WGC is set to be resurfaced, with work due to start tomorrow (Friday).
The road will be shut, in two phases, during the work, which will take nine days to complete, weather permitting.
Signed diversions will be in place.
Cllr Stuart Pile, executive member for highways and transport, said: “Some degree of disruption and delay is to be expected and we greatly appreciate your patience and co-operation during this essential work.
“While we will make every effort to minimise inconvenience, the work has to be carried out while the road is closed for the safety of our workers and all road users.
You may also want to watch:
“Please allow extra time for any journeys you may make while the work is in progress.”
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?