Welwyn Garden City road to shut for resurfacing
The A1000 Bessemer Road in WGC is set to be resurfaced, with work due to start tomorrow (Friday).
The road will be shut, in two phases, during the work, which will take nine days to complete, weather permitting.
Signed diversions will be in place.
Cllr Stuart Pile, executive member for highways and transport, said: “Some degree of disruption and delay is to be expected and we greatly appreciate your patience and co-operation during this essential work.
“While we will make every effort to minimise inconvenience, the work has to be carried out while the road is closed for the safety of our workers and all road users.
You may also want to watch:
“Please allow extra time for any journeys you may make while the work is in progress.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 3 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 4 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth