Welwyn Garden City road to shut for resurfacing
The A1000 Bessemer Road in WGC is set to be resurfaced, with work due to start tomorrow (Friday).
The road will be shut, in two phases, during the work, which will take nine days to complete, weather permitting.
Signed diversions will be in place.
Cllr Stuart Pile, executive member for highways and transport, said: “Some degree of disruption and delay is to be expected and we greatly appreciate your patience and co-operation during this essential work.
“While we will make every effort to minimise inconvenience, the work has to be carried out while the road is closed for the safety of our workers and all road users.
You may also want to watch:
“Please allow extra time for any journeys you may make while the work is in progress.”
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist