Welwyn Garden City road to shut for resurfacing
The A1000 Bessemer Road in WGC is set to be resurfaced, with work due to start tomorrow (Friday).
The road will be shut, in two phases, during the work, which will take nine days to complete, weather permitting.
Signed diversions will be in place.
Cllr Stuart Pile, executive member for highways and transport, said: “Some degree of disruption and delay is to be expected and we greatly appreciate your patience and co-operation during this essential work.
“While we will make every effort to minimise inconvenience, the work has to be carried out while the road is closed for the safety of our workers and all road users.
You may also want to watch:
“Please allow extra time for any journeys you may make while the work is in progress.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 8 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man