Two hurt in Welwyn Garden City crash involving police car
- Credit: Archant
Two people were injured in a crash in Welwyn Garden City today, and one of them is now in hospital.
The collision happened shortly before 11am this morning in Ridgeway.
It involved a police car and another car.
An ambulance service spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We were called at 11.06am .
“We sent two ambulances and a rapid response vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
“One person was taken to Lister Hospital for further treatment.”
A police spokeswoman said: “The officer in the police car and the female member of the public in the other car have suffered injuries.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
“Slight injuries have been confirmed.
“The road closures have now been lifted.”
The crash will be investigated by the Force’s Professional Standards Department, which is routine in this situation.
A road closure was put in place on Black Fan Road and on Ridgeway at the junction with Heronswood Road.
A Herts County Council spokeswoman said one fire crew from Welwyn Garden City and another from Hertford attended the scene of the two-vehicle crash.
Two sets of cutting equipment were used to free one person who was trapped.
Another person received first aid at the scene.
•Anyone who witnessed the incident or the events leading up to it, should contact Hertfordshire Constabulary on the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 223 of January 24.