Two hurt in Welwyn Garden City crash involving police car
- Credit: Archant
Two people were injured in a crash in Welwyn Garden City today, and one of them is now in hospital.
The collision happened shortly before 11am this morning in Ridgeway.
It involved a police car and another car.
An ambulance service spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We were called at 11.06am .
“We sent two ambulances and a rapid response vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
“One person was taken to Lister Hospital for further treatment.”
A police spokeswoman said: “The officer in the police car and the female member of the public in the other car have suffered injuries.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
“Slight injuries have been confirmed.
“The road closures have now been lifted.”
The crash will be investigated by the Force’s Professional Standards Department, which is routine in this situation.
A road closure was put in place on Black Fan Road and on Ridgeway at the junction with Heronswood Road.
A Herts County Council spokeswoman said one fire crew from Welwyn Garden City and another from Hertford attended the scene of the two-vehicle crash.
Two sets of cutting equipment were used to free one person who was trapped.
Another person received first aid at the scene.
•Anyone who witnessed the incident or the events leading up to it, should contact Hertfordshire Constabulary on the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 223 of January 24.