Welwyn Garden City Postman delivers in shorts in snow
A POSTMAN has been praised by his customers for making it through despite the snow.
Armed with letters and parcels this brave chap even did so wearing his shorts.
Customer Wanda Hornsey of Cranborne Gardens, WGC said: “When the world as we know it comes to a stop my postman can still bring me the post, and he’s even still wearing shorts.
“How wonderful is that?”
She added: “A huge thank you and a gold star to the Cranborne Gardens postman and to all the other posties who have gone out in the snow.”
Welwyn Hatfield Times editor Terry Mitchinson, who lives in Welwyn, echoed the praise.
He said: “My milkman managed to get his milk float up and down the slope outside our house, when most of us couldn’t even get our cars out.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 3 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 4 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 5 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 6 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 7 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 8 IN PICTURES: The return of Kimpton Folk Festival
- 9 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 10 Potters Bar RSPCA looking for new homes for farm animals
“Well done to him.”