Welwyn Garden City footbridge reopened
- Credit: Archant
The Welwyn Garden City footbridge has been reopened for public use
The Welwyn Garden City east side footbridge from Broadwater Road was closed for repairs on Tuesday, February 9.
Network Rail deemed the footbridge unsafe after a member of the public reported a crack in the stairs of the bridge.
Passengers were advised to use the exit in the Howard Centre instead.
Network Rail initially announced they would reopen the bridge on February 24, but have now opened it five days earlier than intended.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Network Rail said: “We were able to get it done sooner than we thought. We are really pleased.
“People are on it now and it is open to the public. It was a priority to get it open and safe again.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire