Welwyn Garden City commuters left stranded at train station
- Credit: Archant
Commuters travelling from Welwyn Garden City Station have been left stranded following cancellations and taxi dramas.
Six people travelling to Hitchin have been left “frustrated” by Great Northern this afternoon.
The 3.23pm from Welwyn Garden City to Cambridge was delayed to 3.45pm but was then cancelled.
At rush hour the 5.26pm train to Cambridge North has also been cancelled.
Great Northern staff arranged for taxis to pick the customers up and some were taken to Stevenage Train Station.
You may also want to watch:
One angry commuter, who wished not to be named, was travelling home to Hitchin after finishing her shift in Welwyn Garden City.
She said: “I was put into a taxi and got to the Campus West when the driver got a call from someone telling him to drop me back.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 4 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 5 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 6 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 7 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Isabel Hospice Lights of Love ceremonies return to celebrate the lives of loved ones lost
“Great Northern had ordered too many taxis but when I got back to the station with some others there were no taxis.”
She added: “I’m so angry but it’s also verging on being funny now.
“It’s a complete joke.”
•Email your views to firstname.lastname@example.org