Welwyn Garden City commuters left stranded at train station
- Credit: Archant
Commuters travelling from Welwyn Garden City Station have been left stranded following cancellations and taxi dramas.
Six people travelling to Hitchin have been left “frustrated” by Great Northern this afternoon.
The 3.23pm from Welwyn Garden City to Cambridge was delayed to 3.45pm but was then cancelled.
At rush hour the 5.26pm train to Cambridge North has also been cancelled.
Great Northern staff arranged for taxis to pick the customers up and some were taken to Stevenage Train Station.
You may also want to watch:
One angry commuter, who wished not to be named, was travelling home to Hitchin after finishing her shift in Welwyn Garden City.
She said: “I was put into a taxi and got to the Campus West when the driver got a call from someone telling him to drop me back.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 6 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
“Great Northern had ordered too many taxis but when I got back to the station with some others there were no taxis.”
She added: “I’m so angry but it’s also verging on being funny now.
“It’s a complete joke.”
•Email your views to firstname.lastname@example.org