Welwyn Garden City commuters left stranded at train station
- Credit: Archant
Commuters travelling from Welwyn Garden City Station have been left stranded following cancellations and taxi dramas.
Six people travelling to Hitchin have been left “frustrated” by Great Northern this afternoon.
The 3.23pm from Welwyn Garden City to Cambridge was delayed to 3.45pm but was then cancelled.
At rush hour the 5.26pm train to Cambridge North has also been cancelled.
Great Northern staff arranged for taxis to pick the customers up and some were taken to Stevenage Train Station.
One angry commuter, who wished not to be named, was travelling home to Hitchin after finishing her shift in Welwyn Garden City.
She said: “I was put into a taxi and got to the Campus West when the driver got a call from someone telling him to drop me back.
- 1 Tournament's return brings huge joy to Welwyn Garden City Youth Football Club
- 2 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 7 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 8 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 9 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 10 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
“Great Northern had ordered too many taxis but when I got back to the station with some others there were no taxis.”
She added: “I’m so angry but it’s also verging on being funny now.
“It’s a complete joke.”
•Email your views to email@example.com