Welwyn Garden City commuters left stranded at train station
- Credit: Archant
Commuters travelling from Welwyn Garden City Station have been left stranded following cancellations and taxi dramas.
Six people travelling to Hitchin have been left “frustrated” by Great Northern this afternoon.
The 3.23pm from Welwyn Garden City to Cambridge was delayed to 3.45pm but was then cancelled.
At rush hour the 5.26pm train to Cambridge North has also been cancelled.
Great Northern staff arranged for taxis to pick the customers up and some were taken to Stevenage Train Station.
You may also want to watch:
One angry commuter, who wished not to be named, was travelling home to Hitchin after finishing her shift in Welwyn Garden City.
She said: “I was put into a taxi and got to the Campus West when the driver got a call from someone telling him to drop me back.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
“Great Northern had ordered too many taxis but when I got back to the station with some others there were no taxis.”
She added: “I’m so angry but it’s also verging on being funny now.
“It’s a complete joke.”
•Email your views to email@example.com