Welwyn Garden City commuters left stranded at train station
- Credit: Archant
Commuters travelling from Welwyn Garden City Station have been left stranded following cancellations and taxi dramas.
Six people travelling to Hitchin have been left “frustrated” by Great Northern this afternoon.
The 3.23pm from Welwyn Garden City to Cambridge was delayed to 3.45pm but was then cancelled.
At rush hour the 5.26pm train to Cambridge North has also been cancelled.
Great Northern staff arranged for taxis to pick the customers up and some were taken to Stevenage Train Station.
You may also want to watch:
One angry commuter, who wished not to be named, was travelling home to Hitchin after finishing her shift in Welwyn Garden City.
She said: “I was put into a taxi and got to the Campus West when the driver got a call from someone telling him to drop me back.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
“Great Northern had ordered too many taxis but when I got back to the station with some others there were no taxis.”
She added: “I’m so angry but it’s also verging on being funny now.
“It’s a complete joke.”
•Email your views to firstname.lastname@example.org