Emergency services at the scene of Welwyn Garden City crash involving police car
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters, paramedics and police are on the scene of a crash in Welwyn Garden City.
Shortly before 11am today (Thursday, January 24), a collision happened in Ridgeway involving a police car.
A road closure has been put in place on Black Fan Road, and on Ridgeway at the junction with Heronswood Road.
The fire and ambulance services have also been called to the scene to assist.
A Herts Police spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “As a matter of course, the incident will be investigated by the force’s Professional Standards Department.”
You may also want to watch:
A Herts County Council spokeswoman told this newspaper that one fire crew from Welwyn Garden City and another from Hertford attended the scene of the two-vehicle crash.
Two sets of cutting equipment were used to free one person who was trapped.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
Another person received first aid at the scene.
•Anyone who witnessed the incident or the events leading up to it, should contact Hertfordshire Constabulary on the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 223 of January 24.