Emergency services at the scene of Welwyn Garden City crash involving police car
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters, paramedics and police are on the scene of a crash in Welwyn Garden City.
Shortly before 11am today (Thursday, January 24), a collision happened in Ridgeway involving a police car.
A road closure has been put in place on Black Fan Road, and on Ridgeway at the junction with Heronswood Road.
The fire and ambulance services have also been called to the scene to assist.
A Herts Police spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “As a matter of course, the incident will be investigated by the force’s Professional Standards Department.”
You may also want to watch:
A Herts County Council spokeswoman told this newspaper that one fire crew from Welwyn Garden City and another from Hertford attended the scene of the two-vehicle crash.
Two sets of cutting equipment were used to free one person who was trapped.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
Another person received first aid at the scene.
•Anyone who witnessed the incident or the events leading up to it, should contact Hertfordshire Constabulary on the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 223 of January 24.