Emergency services at the scene of Welwyn Garden City crash involving police car
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters, paramedics and police are on the scene of a crash in Welwyn Garden City.
Shortly before 11am today (Thursday, January 24), a collision happened in Ridgeway involving a police car.
A road closure has been put in place on Black Fan Road, and on Ridgeway at the junction with Heronswood Road.
The fire and ambulance services have also been called to the scene to assist.
A Herts Police spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “As a matter of course, the incident will be investigated by the force’s Professional Standards Department.”
You may also want to watch:
A Herts County Council spokeswoman told this newspaper that one fire crew from Welwyn Garden City and another from Hertford attended the scene of the two-vehicle crash.
Two sets of cutting equipment were used to free one person who was trapped.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Beaver raises more than £100 for NHS with yard sale
- 6 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 9 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 10 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
Another person received first aid at the scene.
•Anyone who witnessed the incident or the events leading up to it, should contact Hertfordshire Constabulary on the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 223 of January 24.