Emergency services at the scene of Welwyn Garden City crash involving police car
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters, paramedics and police are on the scene of a crash in Welwyn Garden City.
Shortly before 11am today (Thursday, January 24), a collision happened in Ridgeway involving a police car.
A road closure has been put in place on Black Fan Road, and on Ridgeway at the junction with Heronswood Road.
The fire and ambulance services have also been called to the scene to assist.
A Herts Police spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “As a matter of course, the incident will be investigated by the force’s Professional Standards Department.”
A Herts County Council spokeswoman told this newspaper that one fire crew from Welwyn Garden City and another from Hertford attended the scene of the two-vehicle crash.
Two sets of cutting equipment were used to free one person who was trapped.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 4 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 5 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 6 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 7 Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat finally comes to Potters Bar's Wyllyotts Theatre
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 10 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
Another person received first aid at the scene.
•Anyone who witnessed the incident or the events leading up to it, should contact Hertfordshire Constabulary on the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 223 of January 24.