Welham Green railway station rated ‘secure’
RAIL operator First Capital Connect (FCC) has been acknowledged for its efforts to improve security and reduce crime at Welham Green railway station.
The station has been accredited under the Secure Stations scheme, a partnership between the Department for Transport and British Transport Police.
In order to achieve accreditation, a station must provide adequate security facilities, such as help points, CCTV and lighting.
As part of the accreditation process, passengers using the station were also asked for their views.
FCC crime prevention manager Tony Holland said: “We are committed to improving security at all of our stations and are pleased that Welham Green has received this accreditation.
You may also want to watch:
“The station’s car park also has the Park Mark Award for its security and the Secure Station accreditation underlines our determination to cut crime.”
Brookmans Park is now the only railway station in Times Territory that has yet to be accredited under the Secure Stations scheme.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 9 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright