Welham Green railway station rated ‘secure’
RAIL operator First Capital Connect (FCC) has been acknowledged for its efforts to improve security and reduce crime at Welham Green railway station.
The station has been accredited under the Secure Stations scheme, a partnership between the Department for Transport and British Transport Police.
In order to achieve accreditation, a station must provide adequate security facilities, such as help points, CCTV and lighting.
As part of the accreditation process, passengers using the station were also asked for their views.
FCC crime prevention manager Tony Holland said: “We are committed to improving security at all of our stations and are pleased that Welham Green has received this accreditation.
You may also want to watch:
“The station’s car park also has the Park Mark Award for its security and the Secure Station accreditation underlines our determination to cut crime.”
Brookmans Park is now the only railway station in Times Territory that has yet to be accredited under the Secure Stations scheme.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 6 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed