Welham Green railway station rated ‘secure’
RAIL operator First Capital Connect (FCC) has been acknowledged for its efforts to improve security and reduce crime at Welham Green railway station.
The station has been accredited under the Secure Stations scheme, a partnership between the Department for Transport and British Transport Police.
In order to achieve accreditation, a station must provide adequate security facilities, such as help points, CCTV and lighting.
As part of the accreditation process, passengers using the station were also asked for their views.
FCC crime prevention manager Tony Holland said: “We are committed to improving security at all of our stations and are pleased that Welham Green has received this accreditation.
You may also want to watch:
“The station’s car park also has the Park Mark Award for its security and the Secure Station accreditation underlines our determination to cut crime.”
Brookmans Park is now the only railway station in Times Territory that has yet to be accredited under the Secure Stations scheme.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 4 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 7 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 8 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 9 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar