Welham Green railway station rated ‘secure’
RAIL operator First Capital Connect (FCC) has been acknowledged for its efforts to improve security and reduce crime at Welham Green railway station.
The station has been accredited under the Secure Stations scheme, a partnership between the Department for Transport and British Transport Police.
In order to achieve accreditation, a station must provide adequate security facilities, such as help points, CCTV and lighting.
As part of the accreditation process, passengers using the station were also asked for their views.
FCC crime prevention manager Tony Holland said: “We are committed to improving security at all of our stations and are pleased that Welham Green has received this accreditation.
“The station’s car park also has the Park Mark Award for its security and the Secure Station accreditation underlines our determination to cut crime.”
Brookmans Park is now the only railway station in Times Territory that has yet to be accredited under the Secure Stations scheme.
- 1 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 4 'Friendship zone' created in Welwyn school
- 5 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 6 Queensway House still not fully fireproof
- 7 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 8 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 9 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 10 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again