Welham Green railway station rated ‘secure’
RAIL operator First Capital Connect (FCC) has been acknowledged for its efforts to improve security and reduce crime at Welham Green railway station.
The station has been accredited under the Secure Stations scheme, a partnership between the Department for Transport and British Transport Police.
In order to achieve accreditation, a station must provide adequate security facilities, such as help points, CCTV and lighting.
As part of the accreditation process, passengers using the station were also asked for their views.
FCC crime prevention manager Tony Holland said: “We are committed to improving security at all of our stations and are pleased that Welham Green has received this accreditation.
You may also want to watch:
“The station’s car park also has the Park Mark Award for its security and the Secure Station accreditation underlines our determination to cut crime.”
Brookmans Park is now the only railway station in Times Territory that has yet to be accredited under the Secure Stations scheme.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire