Week-long overnight closures for Hatfield Tunnel
HATFIELD Tunnel will be closed overnight for the next week.
As of this evening (Monday) both sides of the A1(M) carriageway will be shut for refurbishment.
The tunnel will be closed between 10pm and 5.30am from tonight until Thursday, and from 11pm to 6am on Friday.
It will close again on Saturday from 10pm to 6am and on Sunday from 10.30pm to 5.30am.
Motorists travelling southbound will be diverted off the A1(M) at junction four, along the A1001, rejoining at junction two.
You may also want to watch:
The northbound diversion will lead off the A1(M) at junction three, rejoining at junction four.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street