Week-long overnight closures for Hatfield Tunnel
HATFIELD Tunnel will be closed overnight for the next week.
As of this evening (Monday) both sides of the A1(M) carriageway will be shut for refurbishment.
The tunnel will be closed between 10pm and 5.30am from tonight until Thursday, and from 11pm to 6am on Friday.
It will close again on Saturday from 10pm to 6am and on Sunday from 10.30pm to 5.30am.
Motorists travelling southbound will be diverted off the A1(M) at junction four, along the A1001, rejoining at junction two.
You may also want to watch:
The northbound diversion will lead off the A1(M) at junction three, rejoining at junction four.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts