Week-long overnight closures for Hatfield Tunnel
HATFIELD Tunnel will be closed overnight for the next week.
As of this evening (Monday) both sides of the A1(M) carriageway will be shut for refurbishment.
The tunnel will be closed between 10pm and 5.30am from tonight until Thursday, and from 11pm to 6am on Friday.
It will close again on Saturday from 10pm to 6am and on Sunday from 10.30pm to 5.30am.
Motorists travelling southbound will be diverted off the A1(M) at junction four, along the A1001, rejoining at junction two.
You may also want to watch:
The northbound diversion will lead off the A1(M) at junction three, rejoining at junction four.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog