Week-long overnight closures for Hatfield Tunnel
HATFIELD Tunnel will be closed overnight for the next week.
As of this evening (Monday) both sides of the A1(M) carriageway will be shut for refurbishment.
The tunnel will be closed between 10pm and 5.30am from tonight until Thursday, and from 11pm to 6am on Friday.
It will close again on Saturday from 10pm to 6am and on Sunday from 10.30pm to 5.30am.
Motorists travelling southbound will be diverted off the A1(M) at junction four, along the A1001, rejoining at junction two.
You may also want to watch:
The northbound diversion will lead off the A1(M) at junction three, rejoining at junction four.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas