Village parking petition approved by council
A PETITION signed by almost 400 people to change parking outside a village shopping parade has been successful.
Dellsome Lane, Welham Green, has been put on Welwyn Hatfield Council’s ‘Parking Priorities’ list to be approved by the cabinet.
The villagers and the 17 businessmen, who signed the document, wanted to lift restricted parking on Saturdays. Their plea was approved by the council’s cabinet housing and planning panel, which has placed the scheme to number eight on the list.
Currently the road allows parking for up to 40 minutes from 10am to noon, Monday to Saturday.
But this will be revamped, so that Saturdays are no longer affected, after villagers called the scheme “inadequate parking and unfair restrictions”.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from the council read: “Businesses and residents should be made aware of the risk that allowing parking spaces for residents and businesses could reduce parking spaces for shoppers.
“It will potentially have a knock on effect to the businesses if a permit scheme is introduced for the parking places in front of the shops.”
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 6 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children