Village parking petition approved by council
A PETITION signed by almost 400 people to change parking outside a village shopping parade has been successful.
Dellsome Lane, Welham Green, has been put on Welwyn Hatfield Council’s ‘Parking Priorities’ list to be approved by the cabinet.
The villagers and the 17 businessmen, who signed the document, wanted to lift restricted parking on Saturdays. Their plea was approved by the council’s cabinet housing and planning panel, which has placed the scheme to number eight on the list.
Currently the road allows parking for up to 40 minutes from 10am to noon, Monday to Saturday.
But this will be revamped, so that Saturdays are no longer affected, after villagers called the scheme “inadequate parking and unfair restrictions”.
A statement from the council read: “Businesses and residents should be made aware of the risk that allowing parking spaces for residents and businesses could reduce parking spaces for shoppers.
“It will potentially have a knock on effect to the businesses if a permit scheme is introduced for the parking places in front of the shops.”
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 8 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 9 From Russia with love... Catherine The Great series returns to Hatfield for season two of period drama
- 10 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting