Village parking petition approved by council
A PETITION signed by almost 400 people to change parking outside a village shopping parade has been successful.
Dellsome Lane, Welham Green, has been put on Welwyn Hatfield Council’s ‘Parking Priorities’ list to be approved by the cabinet.
The villagers and the 17 businessmen, who signed the document, wanted to lift restricted parking on Saturdays. Their plea was approved by the council’s cabinet housing and planning panel, which has placed the scheme to number eight on the list.
Currently the road allows parking for up to 40 minutes from 10am to noon, Monday to Saturday.
But this will be revamped, so that Saturdays are no longer affected, after villagers called the scheme “inadequate parking and unfair restrictions”.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from the council read: “Businesses and residents should be made aware of the risk that allowing parking spaces for residents and businesses could reduce parking spaces for shoppers.
“It will potentially have a knock on effect to the businesses if a permit scheme is introduced for the parking places in front of the shops.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 9 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 10 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years