Van blaze on A1(M) in Welwyn Hatfield
THE A1(M) motorway has been shut after a Ford Transit van caught fire.
The blaze happened on the southbound carriageway between junction 5, for Lemsford, and junction 4, the Oldings roundabout, at 9.30am this morning (Tuesday).
Emergency services are currently on the scene.
All three lanes are shut as oil needs to be cleared off the road surface, and traffic is backed up past junction 6, for Welwyn.
A police spokeswoman said that, at 10.10am, the motorway was due to re-open “imminently”.
You may also want to watch:
The van driver, a 19-year-old man, was uninjured in the accident.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 6 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 9 Eight-year-old actress joins sister in the big screen as she stars in independent domestic abuse film
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?