Van blaze on A1(M) in Welwyn Hatfield
THE A1(M) motorway has been shut after a Ford Transit van caught fire.
The blaze happened on the southbound carriageway between junction 5, for Lemsford, and junction 4, the Oldings roundabout, at 9.30am this morning (Tuesday).
Emergency services are currently on the scene.
All three lanes are shut as oil needs to be cleared off the road surface, and traffic is backed up past junction 6, for Welwyn.
A police spokeswoman said that, at 10.10am, the motorway was due to re-open “imminently”.
You may also want to watch:
The van driver, a 19-year-old man, was uninjured in the accident.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 7 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 8 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas