Van blaze on A1(M) in Welwyn Hatfield
THE A1(M) motorway has been shut after a Ford Transit van caught fire.
The blaze happened on the southbound carriageway between junction 5, for Lemsford, and junction 4, the Oldings roundabout, at 9.30am this morning (Tuesday).
Emergency services are currently on the scene.
All three lanes are shut as oil needs to be cleared off the road surface, and traffic is backed up past junction 6, for Welwyn.
A police spokeswoman said that, at 10.10am, the motorway was due to re-open “imminently”.
You may also want to watch:
The van driver, a 19-year-old man, was uninjured in the accident.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth