Van blaze on A1(M) in Welwyn Hatfield
THE A1(M) motorway has been shut after a Ford Transit van caught fire.
The blaze happened on the southbound carriageway between junction 5, for Lemsford, and junction 4, the Oldings roundabout, at 9.30am this morning (Tuesday).
Emergency services are currently on the scene.
All three lanes are shut as oil needs to be cleared off the road surface, and traffic is backed up past junction 6, for Welwyn.
A police spokeswoman said that, at 10.10am, the motorway was due to re-open “imminently”.
You may also want to watch:
The van driver, a 19-year-old man, was uninjured in the accident.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist