Uno bus fire drama in Hatfield town centre
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
Drama hit Hatfield town centre on Monday night when an Uno Bus caught fire.
The bus was travelling east on Queensway when the driver noticed smoke. He pulled to the side of the road and phoned the fire brigade.
The road was closed for a short period while the fire was brought under control.
James Thorpe, managing director of Uno Buses Ltd, said: “At around 17.00 last night (Monday) an Uno bus on route 653 was stopped at a bus stop outside Asda in Hatfield because there was smoke emerging from the rear of the bus. The bus was immediately evacuated and the emergency services were called.
“There were no injuries to passengers or the driver. We would like to reassure the community that the safety of passengers is a priority and a full investigation is being carried out to establish the cause of the fault.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the fire service said: “We were called at 5.10pm to a fire on a single-decker bus outside ASDA at Hatfield. The fire was within the engine compartment and one crew from WGC was dispatched.
“Breathing apparatus and a hose reel were used to extinguish the fire.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
“By 5.33pm we were confident the situation was in hand and the area was safe.”